Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Mort's Mug by Munktiki
Trader Mort's Mug by Munktiki
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 3:10 pm   Permalink

I was poking around the Munktiki site and I found the Trader Mort's Mug. I hadn't seen it before and couldn't find any info on it though it looks new. It's on the order form but not in the new section or on the tiki mug pages. http://www.munktiki.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=TMTM&Category_Code=TM

I appologize if this is old news but I thought it was pretty darn cool. Description as follows:

"The Trader Mort's Tiki was carved by Eli Hedley in Midway City, Ca. at the Island Trade Store. Eli is noted as the Original Beachcomber and the Grandfather of Bamboo Ben. The Tiki now stands in front of Trader Mort's Liquor Store in San Diego Ca.. This modified version of the original Tiki is a Tribute Mug to Eli and his wonderful carvings. The mug is 7 inches tall and holds close to 3 cups. Limited to a run of only 120 mugs it sells for $40.00."

[ This Message was edited by: sporkboyofjustice 2006-04-20 15:10 ]

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 07:26 am   Permalink

No, not old news, and now no longer available. (Sold Out!)

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 07:33 am   Permalink

Kingstiedie has one in his mug collection and this is why I said that we have an unofficial second winner of the second Munktiki contest. Bamboo Ben entered the design into the contest.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 09:38 am   Permalink

Seeing as they were available yesterday I guess I helped em sell out before I could place an order. It's a really good looking mug but I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment. As always good stuff from Munktiki and Bamboo Ben (and family).

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 1:38 pm   Permalink

I like the fact that munktiki is starting to make tiki mugs based on actual carvings, i look forard to more tribute creations in the form of tiki mugs.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikinomad 2006-04-22 13:40 ]

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 08:35 am   Permalink

I spoke with a guy who works at Trader Mort's this past weekend, and he told me a new mug is on the way. He wasn't sure exactly when it's supposed to come out, but from his decription it sounds like the mug will be in the shape of the Trader Mort's building.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-13 1:14 pm   Permalink

I REALLY WANT the Trader Mort's mug. If anyone wants to sell or trade one, please PM me. Thanks!

That's great arriano about the new mug. I am excited to check it out.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-13 1:36 pm   Permalink

You might check Ooga-Mooga and see if anyone has one for trade or sale.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-13 1:52 pm   Permalink

I have. Also the last one on ebay was taken off by the seller, they sold it before the end of the auction (which sucks). I have been looking for it for a long time.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation