FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Wednesdays at Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 Next Page )
Wednesdays at Forbidden Island
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-04-27 11:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha, here's my drink tally so far:

Forbidden Island
Navy Grog
Captain's Grog
Pirate Grog
China Clipper
Macadamia Nut Chi Chi
Combover
Monkeypod
Coronado Luau Special
Lailani Volcano
Sidewinder's Fang
Mystery Bowl (shared)

(and I've had three different kinds of their beers)

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2006-04-28 01:57 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-27 11:40 pm   Permalink

I haven't been keeping track! Here's what I can remember:

China Clipper
Painkiller
Suffering Bastard
Hawaii Kai Treasure (2)
Krakatoa (3 or 4)
Missionary's Downfall
Sidewinder's Fang (2)
Monkeypod
Combover
Saturn
Captain's Grog
Mystery Bowl (shared)

I've had tastes of others':
Forbidden Island
Fugu for Two
Leilani Volcano
Coronado Luau Special
Spindrift
Macadamia Nut Chi Chi
Navy Grog
Pirate Grog

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-27 11:43 pm   Permalink

heck i'll get in on this action! here is my list:

classic mai tai
spindrift
fugu for 2
mystery bowl
forbidden island
coronado luau special
monkeypod
pirate grog
hawaii kai treasure
krakatoa
missionary's downfall
captain's grog

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-28 10:19 am   Permalink

here is my list so far;

14 glasses of water
some fries stolen off of a frriends plate when they were in the bathroom
5 flasks of sneaked in Bacardi at body temperature
1 happy hour priced Forbidden Island
lots of sips of other's people's drinks!

ZAZZ
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-28 10:35 am   Permalink

Last night I was driving and left early and headed over to Eli's to dance to 60s soul music, but I managed to squeeze in a couple more (the Painkiller was better then the Tiki-Ti's!). Sorry Humuhumu, tastes don't count! I probably tasted 30 people's drinks - no wonder my throat is sore!

Update to drink tally:
Neptune's Garden
China Clipper (2)
Forbidden Island
Coronado Luau Special
Hawaii Kai Treasure (holding in photo)
Krakatoa
Sidewinder's Fang
Coconut Kallaloo
Zombie
Monkeypod
The Combover
Saturn
Captain's Grog (2)
Navy Grog
Pirate Grog
Classic Mai Tai
Suffering Bastard
Missionary's Downfall
La Floridita Dacquiri
Painkiller

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2006-04-28 10:35 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:00 am   Permalink

Besides Tiki Central's crowd, what is the "feel" of the local crowd forming. I mean as in a college crowd, older crowd, etc..
Just curious.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:04 am   Permalink

One night worth at the TC pre party
1- Forrbidden Island
4 or 5 big sips of the Mystery drink in the Ohana Hut
1/2-Fugo (Unga couldn't finish it for some reason. He told me but I didn't understand what he was sayin' I just nodded and smiled:D
20- Beers I think the were called Tiki Ale or maybe it was forbidden Ale, possibly Wahine or Longboard Ale.. Jeez I don't remember it was some kind of ale.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-28 11:00, Unga Bunga wrote:
Besides Tiki Central's crowd, what is the "feel" of the local crowd forming. I mean as in a college crowd, older crowd, etc..
Just curious.

Big mix: locals, neighbors, old Lincoln's regulars, off-duty cops, rockabilly types. Good variety.

There's been talk of both motorcycle & scooter clubs showing up on sundays- Mods vs. Rockers!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-28 11:00, Unga Bunga wrote:
Just curious.

Every night it's filled with incredibly hot women!

I knew that's what you wanted to hear!

But seriously, earlier in the evening it's an older crowd, with lots of local folks from the neighborhood dressed casually. They seem to feel comfortable enough to hang out in this bar more than any bar I've been to on the island. Later the crowd is younger. There are a lot of the local bar crowd I know from the Lost Weekend bar, many decked out in vintage aloha wear. A lot of people get very dressed up to go there. Last night there was a group of 6 or so women totally decked out in vintage attire, flowers in their hair, etc. Mrsmiley knew one from high school so we were chatting with her. It seems they have a regular gathering when they get decked out in their finest vintage wear and visit a bar or do something else. We were telling her about TC - that we have regular "meetings" which are very serious affairs of reading minutes (menus) and bringing up important topics (like what drink we are having next)!

But there are also a lot of folks in their early 20s going there, but nobody has gotten rowdy or annoying when I have been there.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 12:59 pm   Permalink

There's been talk of both motorcycle & scooter clubs showing up on sundays- Mods vs. Rockers!

Hmm, I can wear my old Merton parka and my RAF leather flight boots and smack everybody! It's been 16 months since my last bar brawl...Hi, my name is midnite and I have anger issues....I am so there. Just kidding, I broke up that fight at the Plimsouls show. Unless there's a real belligerent senior citizen crowd at FI, I should be ok. I don't take shit from old folks.

It looks like I am "go" for visit to Forbidden Island, this weekend. I know I know, but there were issues...visas, interpol, immunizations, my name on a no-fly list...forces aligned which prevented me from traveling to Alameda.

I have to imbibe in, let's see, eleven seperate drinks. Saturday then, eh?

Behind the curve, but still ahead on points,
High number midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-28 10:35, thejab wrote:
Sorry Humuhumu, tastes don't count!

They do to me! My primary goal is to see what each drink on the menu tastes like, so I can help noobs connect with a drink they'll really like. Finishing a complete drink of everything on the menu is a distant second goal. Hopefully, I've got many, many years to get there -- no reason to rush.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-28 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-28 13:05, Humuhumu wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-28 10:35, thejab wrote:
Sorry Humuhumu, tastes don't count!

They do to me!

I was just kidding darlin'. Taste is key!

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-28 11:40, martiki wrote:
There's been talk of both motorcycle & scooter clubs showing up on sundays-
Mods vs. Rockers!

So they're "Mockers"
Ringo ~ Hard Days Night

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 02:10 am   Permalink

On Wednesday night some of you asked about the custom embroidery I did for the bartenders' shirts at Forbidden Island. Here's a link to an old thread about my sewing:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=9898&forum=7&hilite=sew

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 12:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-29 02:10, cynfulcynner wrote:
On Wednesday night some of you asked about the custom embroidery I did for the bartenders' shirts at Forbidden Island. Here's a link to an old thread about my sewing:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=9898&forum=7&hilite=sew

I meant to mention Cyn, you did an awesome job on the shirts.
I really wanted to buy one (not for sale) so I settled for a cool t-shirt.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation