FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki Archeology - The Hawaii Pavillion - 1962 Seattle World's Fair (Image Heavy)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Tiki Archeology - The Hawaii Pavillion - 1962 Seattle World's Fair (Image Heavy)
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-23 10:36 pm   Permalink

Boy, that recipe is hard to find. Here is a menu in Seattle that offers the Bubbleator and lists the ingredients (not the amounts though).
http://www.mayflowerpark.com/olivers-cocktails-snacks.asp

The Bubbleator 9.00
Recognizing Seattle’s great open glass elevator for the 1962 World’s Fair. Ketel One Citron, vanilla vodka with muddled orange & Oliver’s fresh made sour.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 12:14 am   Permalink

An early post on this thread was a Seattle Worlds Fair Hawaiian shirt, but those images all disappeared. One came up on ebay over a year ago but I guess I didn't save those pictures (and I didn't win it either) but I did find a shot of part of the fabric, and here it is...

aloha, tikicoma

(oop's)

[ This Message was edited by: tikicoma 2013-06-11 00:21 ]

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 06:50 am   Permalink

I never ever would have expected to see both the Space Needle and Waikiki in the same image. Very cool illustration style, thanks for sharing the pic.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-19 9:20 pm   Permalink

What a great shirt, both in visuals and colors.

Found a photo on-line from Ivar's Fish Bar at the fair, which, while not a poly-pop joint, had some nice A-frame lines.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-29 10:04 pm   Permalink

Dusty, I don't know about now but back then Ivars on the waterfront was full of nautical decor.

Seen on the interwebs, made by Mildreds of Hawaii...

It's a dress.

In green.

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-01 12:30 pm   Permalink

Tikicoma,

Great find on the dress, awesome fabric.

Here is another old photo of the Hawaiian Pavilion.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-01 12:36 pm   Permalink

And an ad for the featured entertainment at the Hawaiian Pavilion.

Direct from the islands the Hilo Hawaiians.

DC

tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-23 01:48 am   Permalink

Ran across a nice shot of the Hawaii pavilion being built in front of the Space Needle.

While looking around YouTube I found a short 8mm film that has some footage of polynesian dancers in front of the Hawaii pavilion (at 3:35 to 4:20) and a shot of the Philippines Industries building (at 2:20 to 2"35).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5WSXyP6Udw&list=PL-1hcIrUntj8hkCFa9IoB2d5q-2TW_YfD&index=8
A little blurry but the dancers are fun to watch

And here's a nice shot of the driftwood carving, Polynesian Head by Fritz Abplanalp, that was at the pavilion giving you an idea of its size.

aloha, tikicoma

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation