FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mon Kou, Attleboro, MA (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Mon Kou, Attleboro, MA (restaurant)
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 06:00 am   Permalink

Name:Mon Kou
Type:restaurant
Street:676 Washington St
City:Attleboro
State:MA
Zip:02703
Phone:508-399-8020

Description:
Genuine, unreformed, classic, New England Polynesian-Chinese Restaurant

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 06:11 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: pappythesailor 2008-06-28 21:29 ]

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 8:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting the pics Pappy! You were lucky to escape with your camera out of there.

My opinion - visit the Mon Kou if you're looking for a tiki fix and you're in the Attleboro area. I'll certainly venture there again in the future.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 02:13 am   Permalink

Yeah, that place was amazing and I don't mean because it was so wonderful. It was amazing to still find a restaurant like that. Back in the 70's, EVERY decent-sized town in MA had a Chinese-Polynesian place just like the Mon Kou.

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 2:51 pm   Permalink

It was being taken to the Honolulu in Massachussetts in the late 70's that I got the Tiki itch. I'm convinced that there's a whole lot more in that area to be uncovered. Keep on digging, Pappy!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arobinson19
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-21 05:49 am   Permalink

although its a fairly new establishment,and isnt much to look at shanghai gardens certainly makes a lovely scorpion bowl. it is in south attleboro,MA on RT 1 on the border of pawtucket. Give it a shot. I will post a review once i have more accurately sampled the menu.

View Profile of arobinson19 Send a personal message to arobinson19  Email arobinson19     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thunderlips
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 3:14 pm   Permalink

Milford (about 20 miles NW of Attleboro) is home to the PAGO-PAGO. Haven't been there in a while but I'm sure it's worth a visit.

View Profile of Thunderlips Send a personal message to Thunderlips  Goto the website of Thunderlips     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 7:23 pm   Permalink

Just returned from my first trip to the Mon Kou. Very kool. Good food , good drinks.
Great decor, in spite of the updated booths and tables. The murals & tikis are awesome. Sorry to say, our drinks were served in regular glasses, although mine did have a dragon on it & the Mon Kou name. they wouldn't sell me one though. I did see a mean looking scorpion bowl go by in a big volcano bowl but they never lit the center. Definitely a must see for anyone visiting the area & will be a frequent stop of mine as it's less than 45 minutes from home. As for the mug hunt, when I got home, there was a message on my machine. My favorite antique store called to say she had a bunch of stuff set aside for me. Unfortunately, that'll have to wait til tomorrow.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-29 4:49 pm   Permalink

Matchbook

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-30 12:59 am   Permalink

I am getting the feeling that Kate joined a matchbook club.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-30 09:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-30 00:59, bigbrotiki wrote:

Nope. No club. Although that's not a bad idea. I'm just a little paper-obsessed these days, and I do believe that I can now call myself a phillumenist. It's so much easier to put 100 matchbooks into a binder as opposed to finding shelf space for mugs.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-30 5:05 pm   Permalink

I'm getting the feeling that Kate keeps sneaking into my territory & buying all the cool stuff!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-30 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-30 17:05, Big Kahuna wrote:
I'm getting the feeling that Kate keeps sneaking into my territory & buying all the cool stuff!

I swear I haven't left California in over a year.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 09:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-30 00:59, bigbrotiki wrote:

There are indeeed such things. Trade through the mail is cheap!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-23 10:39 pm   Permalink

I found a photo of this great postcard from Mon Kou on flickr.

Witco-like carvings

And check out all of the Tiki mugs and bowls lined up behind the bar.

Nice looking Tiki bar.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation