FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Recipe: I invented a shooter last night - fruit salad slammer
Recipe: I invented a shooter last night - fruit salad slammer
marika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 07:55 am   Permalink

I have a friend who comes over every now and then and she is my favorite guinea pig for drinks. So yesterday I made this shooter:

1/3 oz of apple liquor
1/3 oz of pear liquor
1/3 oz of midori
10 drops of chilenorth hot sauce (ice wine hot sauce made with fruits and habanero)

The feeling at the end (with the hot sauce) reminds us of the spicy of cinnamon-tabasco. Explaining tastes in a language that is not your own is very difficult

We called it fruit salad slammer.

View Profile of marika Send a personal message to marika  Goto the website of marika     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kernel Tiki

Posted: 2006-04-29 10:58 pm   Permalink

Interesting mix...I was right there with you up until that tabasco thing....

A friend of mine once brought back a bottle of very fruity, sweet white wine from B.C. There was a very hot pepper inside the bottle wich made the wine unbearable. Just as you appreciated the aromas of the wine...BANG! here was that fire and that slightly biter taste of chile. Just awfull!

Aloha

View Profile of Kernel Tiki Send a personal message to Kernel Tiki  Email Kernel Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation