Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Bamboo Terrace, Costa Mesa - closing
Bamboo Terrace, Costa Mesa - closing
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 08:56 am   Permalink

That's right, the cool Asian themed restaurant, bar, and live music venue has closed forever. Located across Newport Blvd. from the House of Tiki, the ultra cool restaurant served a plethora of tiki drinks including bowl drinks with a vintage Chinese flair. My inside sources tell me that the owners were over the restaurant/ bar business and have sold the place to people who will turn it into an Italian restaurant.
I most recently saw the return of the legendary Tiki Tones there in July. Check out pics some that I shot that night:
http://www.tikitones.com/
Bummer. All the cool stuff turns out to be too cool for the masses to keep alive...

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 09:12 am   Permalink

Too bad, it was a pretty cool place.
Only been there once to see Slacktone. Tried a lot of the drinks (including a Volcano bowl by myself, becasue no one wanted to drink that thing), very bad, but had to do it to show support for the practice of serving tropical drinks in Chinese restaurants...

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 11:23 pm   Permalink

Damn that is a crying shame.
Not that I'm a big Chinese food fan. But I saw about 30 or more surf shows there from 2000 till the Slacktone show Ran Mentioned
just a few months back.

Funny I was just talking to somebody about them playing there soon.
Guess that wont happen now.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
michellebartedar

Posted: 2006-06-10 12:17 am   Permalink

HI to everyone that supported the Bamboo Terrace....This is a message from the crazy girl that worked behind the bar. Love and kisses, I will miss you all. And not that it can ever be replaced, Li's on Adams and Magnolia is a great place for a volcanoe and good chinese. They have orginal vinyl seats, and don't speak any english. Bamboo Terrace was good to me, and I will remember it always....Michelle

View Profile of michellebartedar Send a personal message to michellebartedar  Email michellebartedar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation