FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hakalugi's - Bamboo Fence & Play Structure Makeover
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Hakalugi's - Bamboo Fence & Play Structure Makeover
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 10:30 am   Permalink

Are you going to release a limited edition sippy cup for that place. Its a beauty, you got some lucky childrens!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 12:18 pm   Permalink

Have I kissed you lately? 'cause beautiful work like that deserves a big buss.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 3:28 pm   Permalink

Send the kids away and we'll swing nekked from a rope into the pool (is there one?) with Spermy and the other hoity toity "koolkids".
What a great dad indeed.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-08-10 9:28 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, thanks for the nice comments!

Quote:

On 2008-08-08 10:10, UtopianDreem wrote:
It's a beauty! Looks like the bamboo fence near the hot tub is holding up well, too. Did you end up varnishing/sealing it?

Yes! After waiting for the bamboo to age a bit I finally varnished it (about three months ago). Here's a better photo:

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-10 9:40 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! I want to take my class to your house for a Field Trip

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mstevens

Posted: 2013-06-18 7:54 pm   Permalink

What an amazing fence!! I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions please in hopes that I'll get the courage to try and make something similar in my yard. What did you use to fasten the big and small bamboo to your crossbeams? Wood Screws? It almost looks like you used something to plug where you fastned them too? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you mount the lanterns to the bamooo? The different colored lighting from the ground shining up onto the fence looks awesome too. Can you give any detail on what you used for that lighting? I'm not this creative to come up with a design by myself as good as this so thank you for sharing all of your information.

View Profile of mstevens Send a personal message to mstevens      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-18 8:58 pm   Permalink

That photo makes me think of King Kong trying to get in from the jungle. What a wonderful play place for young and old. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 9:15 pm   Permalink

WOW! That is BEAUTIFUL! Love the lighting especially. What a truly special place to play in.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-20 08:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-18 19:54, mstevens wrote:
What an amazing fence!! I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions please in hopes that I'll get the courage to try and make something similar in my yard. What did you use to fasten the big and small bamboo to your crossbeams? Wood Screws? It almost looks like you used something to plug where you fastned them too? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you mount the lanterns to the bamooo? The different colored lighting from the ground shining up onto the fence looks awesome too. Can you give any detail on what you used for that lighting? I'm not this creative to come up with a design by myself as good as this so thank you for sharing all of your information.

There's a thread about it under home bars, I believe. It's recent. Just happens to be going on at the moment, so you have good timing!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-20 11:00 am   Permalink

I want it!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-20 11:18 am   Permalink

I hadn't seen this thread before- Wowwwwwww. Now I'm re-inspired to update my yard. Argghhhhh.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-21 10:13 am   Permalink

I haven't seen this either... wow. Not sure how I missed this! I need to send this to my brother and demand that we make one for my nephew. Ha! Very cool.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-21 12:06 pm   Permalink

I don't see a "Tiki Bar" in the play structure Karl?
you know.....where the kids....can pretend to serve up those virgin cocktails.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-21 1:53 pm   Permalink

Since that build was 5 years ago, have you since added a large screen TV and free Wi-Fi? Just curious.

Awesome projects and it was something I had not seen before. Glad it was brought back up.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-21 2:46 pm   Permalink

Very nice, me thinks you need to keep going though, maybe carve tikis into the support beams (DON'T carve too deep though )

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation