FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Anyone have a margaritaville machine??
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Anyone have a margaritaville machine??
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-03-19 08:15 am   Permalink

Mike, I waited a bit to see if anyone else would respond. The only thing I've heard first hand is from a former co-worker who had the single blending jar version and constantly raved about it. His enjoyment was that it was quick and easy to crush ice and blend drinks, the machine worked well, and stuff like that. I never bought one for myself because the machine has a large footprint. I now have a much smaller ice crusher which I think isn't as fast and high volume as the Margaritaville machine, but it fits perfectly in a little niche space, so I'm happy. From what this co-worker told me, it really cranks through crushing ice quickly and he raved about how quickly he could make consistently good drinks with it.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-03-20 3:08 pm   Permalink

Then there's this V8 powered cement mixer hybrid margarita maker

(reposting your question so as not to interrupt it after the page break )
Quote:

On 2017-03-18 15:33, mikehooker wrote:
Bumping an ancient thread rather than starting a new one. Seems the latest and greatest Margaritaville frozen drink maker discussed here was the DM2000. I just stumbled upon the DM3000 which I assume is pretty similar mechanically but with three blending jars. Anyone own one of these and have an opinion? I'm usually not one for frozen cocktails but could see this being handy at parties for frozen Painkillers, Saturns, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Margaritaville-Tahiti-Frozen-Concoction-DM3000/dp/B001AY0YGU

PS, I didn't know Frozen Painkillers were a thing? Nice drink for a hot summer day!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-19 06:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-03-18 15:33, mikehooker wrote:
Bumping an ancient thread rather than starting a new one. Seems the latest and greatest Margaritaville frozen drink maker discussed here was the DM2000. I just stumbled upon the DM3000 which I assume is pretty similar mechanically but with three blending jars. Anyone own one of these and have an opinion? I'm usually not one for frozen cocktails but could see this being handy at parties for frozen Painkillers, Saturns, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Margaritaville-Tahiti-Frozen-Concoction-DM3000/dp/B001AY0YGU

Mechanically they are all the same. For parties people like crowding around it as it does its job. My advice is getting one off eBay or Craigslist, but you are not forbidden to pay retail if so inclined.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-08-19 10:46 am   Permalink

I was originally asking about it cuz I saw one come up at a local auction starting at $50. Thought I might be able to snag it for around $100 but it ended up going for just under retail so I didn't get it.

And yes, frozen painkillers are a thing. Or atleast should be. A bar here in Austin a few summers ago did Painkillers in their frozen margarita machine and they were refreshing as hell. Thought this thing might allow me a similar result in bigger batches than I normally do at home.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-19 12:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-19 10:46, mikehooker wrote:
I was originally asking about it cuz I saw one come up at a local auction starting at $50. Thought I might be able to snag it for around $100 but it ended up going for just under retail so I didn't get it.

$50 is my target on eBay/Craigslist for base model. I'm a very patient cheapskate.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-25 11:22 am   Permalink

I recently got the Key West Model (retails for $299) for $80 on Craigslist. Works great.

An unexpected plus is that the machine shaves the ice and then dumps it into the blender pitcher before blending. I have used this feature to make the shaved ice go straight into cups to make snow cones for my kids.

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation