[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » To All
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
To All
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 06:22 am   Permalink

If I have not said so often enough, let me say once again how exceedingly grateful I am to the Tiki Central members who gave me support of all kinds after Hurricane Katrina.

I am aware that many of you seem to feel that my starting up a certain forum page (Bali HiJinks) along with some other TC members is a betrayal of Tiki Central. I am very sorry that you feel that way. There is nothing said on Bali HiJinks that has not been said by many people who are still members here in PMs, emails and/or whispered behind hands, and ironically enough by some of BH’s most emphatic detractors. Apparently our sin is in the saying of it openly and without shame. I would like to ask you to read the message to TC members posted in the public area of BH.

It is understood that TC values politeness and positive attitude at all times. To be honest, my life has thrown me so many curveballs, and seems to have no intention of letting up any time soon, that cockeyed optimism is just more than I am capable of mustering. The pressure of keeping up a positive front, maintaining a pious attitude about what is essentially junk collecting, and persisting in the illusion that people I have never even met are somehow my “family” has become more than I can bear. It’s hard to be around people who always look on the bright side of life when you’ve had a black bag thrown over your head. What may keep keep me sane is consorting with other people who can deal with sarcasm and who are not afraid to let their flaws and lapses of character show.
For that I have no apology. It’s not a perfect world and pretending that it is doesn’t make it so. At least it doesn’t for me.

If Tiki Central works for you, that's great and I wish all of you well.

If, like Monkeyman, any more of you are so sorely disappointed in me for my part in Bali HiJinks that you regret sending me the money that you did, please let me know and I will be happy to return it to you as well. I do not want anyone to feel bad about helping me out.

Thank you again.

(Please make no replies to this thread, I will not see them.)

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 07:02 am   Permalink

Can someone explain what just happened here?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 07:07 am   Permalink

yeah!!!......i love a good drama!! what happened??

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 08:31 am   Permalink

F*ING GREAT !!!

I did not regret sending anyone my support and NEVER asked for any of it back.

I was trying to understand WHY someone who I thought I supported would be the FIRST to blast me from the water when I shared my opinion on a forum that prided itself of absolute honesty and sarcasm.????

We all have our personality flaws and everyone on his board knows I have many. Perhaps my biggest flaw is that I am often first to share an inflammatory opinion that OTHERS share but are smart enough NOT to share.

This is NOT fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2006-04-29 08:50 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 10:40 am   Permalink

I am pleased by your help in popularization of the phrase "Jackassery" on your website. It's companion phrase duschbaggery also needs to be set loose in common daily use.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 11:04 am   Permalink

How did I miss this ??

Arrr some!

I got a new torch and am dying to use it.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 1:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-29 10:40, Gigantalope wrote:
I am pleased by your help in popularization of the phrase "Jackassery" on your website. It's companion phrase duschbaggery also needs to be set loose in common daily use.

..cool, now let's spell it right...douche-baggery, or without the spacing if you prefer, douchebaggery.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-29 13:33, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-29 10:40, Gigantalope wrote:

..cool, now let's spell it right...douche-baggery, or without the spacing if you prefer, douchebaggery.

I have been known for a little of both Jackassery and douchebaggery (douche-baggery). And there is nothing wrong with it.
Secondly (no offense to Monkeyman or PJ because I like the both of you)I love the Mugs that PJ designed I would have bought them even if it wasn't going to anybody. PJ you did a great job and I am very glad that you got part of the profit. And I like BaliHijinks and Tiki Central there is room for both. I know I probably upset somebody here but that is not what I was trying to do.
Mahalo,
Spermy

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-04-29 15:12 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 9:47 pm   Permalink

I went to go check out PJ's new website. You can't view any of the forums or access anything without registering and logging in. Strangely, when I clicked on the "Register" button, I got this message:

"Sorry, we do not accept new registrations. Should you have any questions please contact
balihijinks@hotmail.com. "

I kind of figured it was an open Forum. What's up with that?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 01:08 am   Permalink

I don't think it is for everyone, however there is a link between TC and BH.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 03:24 am   Permalink

Does this mean Bong has a new home?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 03:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-30 03:24, hewey wrote:
Does this mean Bong has a new home?

From Balihijinks website:
Perhaps it would be more appropriate to consider BH a place where all the people who disrupted the sensiblities of TC can go so that they don't offend anyone there again.

'nuff said

And I can't access any of the forums without signing up - what a load of crap! At least let people read some of the forums, but only let members post? Is this some bulls*** way of making people sign up to bolster numbers? Yeh, I just sooo want to go join now... Whatever

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2006-04-30 03:32 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 05:04 am   Permalink

Does this seem like middle school again?

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 06:05 am   Permalink

I tried to log on too and got the same run around....i think i'll just stay right here and irritate all you fine tiki folk as much as I want instead.....

Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-30 03:26, hewey wrote:

And I can't access any of the forums without signing up - what a load of crap!

why is that a load of crap? That's like being upset that you can't have access to a condo association's swimming pool without buying a condo...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation