[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag Moatu Decanter Set
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Shag Moatu Decanter Set
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 09:40 am   Permalink

There have been a lot of Moatu decanter sets posted. So far, this is the most it has gone for...$330...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2150033630&rd=1

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 4:17 pm   Permalink

Are they even out in stores yet? I thought they only had a few at the launch party? I know Shagmart has put them off for a while.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2002-12-18 6:54 pm   Permalink

I talked last week to a store in Northern California and they had no idea when they would come in. She said she would not set up a list to reserve one and when they came in she would put them on the shelf, first come first serve. Did not know how many she would get. She has been getting 5-10 calls per day for the past 2 months and said she will be glad when it's over and they are all sold.

My understanding was that Tiki Farm kept the first 100 "in house", and there was only 14 (#101-#115) at the bash. Don't know if the other 36 that were on a list got their's yet. So I guess any # over 151 would be from a retailer that was able to get a shipment.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 12:50 am   Permalink

The first 100 numbered sets are going to Shagmart. We shipped out today about 250 Moatu sets and about 75 Akuku sets. The rest will ship out in early Jan, 2003.
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 06:07 am   Permalink

So any chance of Tiki Centralites purchasing without chasing them from store to store??? Or at least revealing which stores they are going to??? purty please, Holden, with many shots of rum and an ornate garnish on top?

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-24 4:17 pm   Permalink

I just got my Moatu in the mail today! Haha, everyone be jealous!

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-26 09:57 am   Permalink

And AKUKU hits ebay...

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-12-30 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-19 06:07, Futura Girl wrote:
So any chance of Tiki Centralites purchasing without chasing them from store to store??? Or at least revealing which stores they are going to??? purty please, Holden, with many shots of rum and an ornate garnish on top?

Let me be the first (I think) to reveal that there were FOUR sets available as of December 21st at:

"Bamboo2U"
Tiki superstore.
1240 N Coast Hwy 101 Encinitas CA 92024
760-943-6284

And...yes, they were priced at $149.

Let the mad dash begin.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-30 9:38 pm   Permalink

I got MY set....

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikirob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-30 21:38, PolynesianPop wrote:
I got MY set....

That's a big set! And a great photo, where did you get it?

Tikirob

View Profile of Tikirob Send a personal message to Tikirob  Email Tikirob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:58 am   Permalink

I'm boycotting these Shag decanters.

I really don't see a reason for these decanters to be made in such a limited edition. Shag's popularity is through the roof and this set could easily sell twice the number being made, but by making the supply so limited (and not even selling them through either the Tiki Farm website or Shag's site), it just feels exploitive to me.

I'm cool with Munktiki and other Tiki Farm limited editions, because the designs are new and who wants to end up with a warehouse full of unsold mugs, but there is really no reason for the Shag decanters to be so hard to get and so limited.

It sure does feel good to rant!

-Mike

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-31 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:
That's a big set! And a great photo, where did you get it?

Tikirob, I took the photo myself at the Tiki Farm warehouse.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2002-12-31 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-31 11:58, TheMuggler wrote:
I'm boycotting these Shag decanters.

I really don't see a reason for these decanters to be made in such a limited edition

i see a little different perspective: having limited editions, helps the retailers who carry the Shag/Tiki Farm merchandise ~ to get people INTO their stores.

i love websales too, but the limited edition items gets ME out shopping for tiki ~ and i'm THRILLED when i find a little retailer, with a case of mugs ~ all at retail prices.

have a tikiriffic new year!
elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-01 11:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

That's a big set!

Even without the picture some of us here on the list knew that Pop already had a BIG set on 'em!

[ This Message was edited by: tikimug on 2003-01-01 11:33 ]

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation