FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events PHOTOS! Too much fun! TC gathering at Trader Vic's Scottsdale Aug 3rd-6th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PHOTOS! Too much fun! TC gathering at Trader Vic's Scottsdale Aug 3rd-6th
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-08-07 2:59 pm   Permalink

The room....

The Parties....Drift, Bikini Bar, Trader Vic's...coming soon!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-07 6:01 pm   Permalink

More Pics.......

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 6:06 pm   Permalink

Mr cheeky half and I would like to thank Tiki Tina and the BBoyd for putting together a fabulous weekend. Soccer and Woohoo ...... well, our livers may never forgive us or you. It was great gathering of excellent tiki folk.

Here are some pics that we had from the weekend. We were only there one night, but there was a lot going on.

We took Ellis (Mark's son) with us.

Checked into the Valley Ho. It looked like it was gonna be a pretty classy place.

Met everyone.

Went to Trader Vic's. The drinks were expensive, but it's ok because they were pretty big.

.....and pretty strong......

.... a little too strong......

Then we went back to the hotel where Woohoo and Tina got into some kind of argument about west coast vs not-so-west-coast tiki.

Then Bamboo Boyd started choking on a lime wedge and Soccer had to help dislodge it.

Mark had fallen asleep by this point.

So we called it a night.

The next morning was not that pretty.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Boyd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-07 6:23 pm   Permalink

OMG Cheeky! That was tooooooo funny!

View Profile of Bamboo Boyd Send a personal message to Bamboo Boyd  Email Bamboo Boyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 07:18 am   Permalink

Finally settled back in from this wonderful weekend.

Special thanks to Tina and Boyd for the inspiration and all of the details!

Lots of love to our new friends. Hope to see everyone again soon, where ever it may be.

I will post some of my pics as soon as I get a little more time.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 11:05 am   Permalink

I am sorry I did not meet anyone. I arrived after dinner service at Sol y Sombra by about 11:00 PM on Saturday night, and Mike Awizawa told me I missed the group by about 30 minutes. I went to Drift assuming that everybody would go there. The typical frat party was full-on, and no Tiki people.

I went back to the Valley Ho, and attempted to ring up Cheeky Half but she was not registered. I then had the desk call up to Tiki Tina's room, but the elusive band of TCers were nowhere to be found. I finally decided to head back to my domicile with my three bottles of Havana Club, and drink a toast to my lost elusive homeys.

Perhaps next time...hell, I may open a tiki bar myself just to get you guys back here.

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 11:34 am   Permalink

heres my image stuff--tried to Photoshop so you can see some of the restaurant...
maybe the more ASTUTE members of this particular EXPEDITION will begin to notice SIMILARITIES
in all these collections ..hence the GREAT REBUTTAL collection of cheeky half makes PERFECT SENSE
...but every collection has its masterpiece and I believe mine is the Woohoos reaction to the SUCKING CONTEST going on before her very eyes

also the look of FEAR when my wife Lori is told of the 'special secret' of the Tonga tiki..

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 6:35 pm   Permalink

As I promised, here are some more pics of out fab weekend in Scottsdale.

The Tiki riffic Drift with Woohoo and Tiki Togo

Here we are going nuts already at Drift.

A real Tiki Gem! The Bikini. Tiki Fink's kinda place!

The evening continues inside!!!!

That is the good stuff from a Fink's eve view.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-08-09 18:37 ]

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 9:04 pm   Permalink

We are really glad to have had a chance to meet Mr and Mrs Fink. They are good people, I'm sorry we didn't have time to hang out on Sunday. Cousin Dave is also a wonderful dinner companion and as they say on Ebay - highly recommended.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 9:25 pm   Permalink

Captions please! I'd like to put names with these faces

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Boyd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-09 10:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-09 21:25, Tikiwahine wrote:
Captions please! I'd like to put names with these faces

Tikiwahine, scroll down about half way on page 7 and you'll see my list of pictures. I did my best to include screen names with real names.

View Profile of Bamboo Boyd Send a personal message to Bamboo Boyd  Email Bamboo Boyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 10:21 pm   Permalink

my bad, thanks boyd!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-14 12:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha to all the PHX ohana who shared in the good time at TV's....

Who's game for another fun get-together at the BIKINI? Start chimin' in with possible days/times that will work best for you and then we can nail down a specific date/time.

I know you can't wait for those $3 pitchers!!!!

~~Cousin Dave

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 12:10 pm   Permalink

I would be there if I could. I really dig that place!!

T.F.

lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-14 8:37 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to say that it was so great to see and meet everyone!!! Myself, Anthony (my fiancee) and our friends Steve and Nicole had the best time at Trader Vic's!!!!! I could not have asked for better food, drink or conversation!!!!!!! I look forward to meeting up with everyone again at the Bikini some time. The 4 of us are almost always there every Friday around 7ish, with the exception of first friday (too busy for us). I spoke to Mary one of the owners of the Bikini and she said that the next time a group of Tcers want top hang out at the bar she would like to meet them and will give a low down on the history of the bar. Richard is the other owner of the Bikini, and both he and Mary are wonderful people! I am trying to talk them into doing tiki mugs. Got to convince Richard though. So we will see. I will keep you guys posted.

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation