FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Poor Man's Tiki Oasis, at Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Poor Man's Tiki Oasis, at Forbidden Island
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 5:58 pm   Permalink

I am glad you guys were able to march forward and do your best to have a good time without me. My main fear when I realized I couldn't go was "will my friends be bored without me?!?!"
I checked out Mickie Finz in Vegas.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5929&forum=18&hilite=tiki%20vegas

It ain't no Forbidden Island, but it did have TikiDiablo carvings ZAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 12:17 am   Permalink

well now I don't feel so out of the loop knowing that so many of my dear Tiki Central friends did not make the Oasis either.

I had hoped to be performing with the Martini Kings again this year, but alas it was not to be. But I am actually working on a fun project right now (between touring,and writing). I am helping my cousin and her husband restore a 1960s tiki house in Las Vegas!

Maybe next year Otto will consider Las Vegas for an Oasis Venue? Perhaps the Tropicana before it is torn down Or the Fun City - while not tiki - has a pretty nice intimate pool area.

In any case. H2 I had a whole box of garmets for your release unto the wild - so I will just hold onto to them for next year!

Cheers!
~CC

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 08:20 am   Permalink

If you need the services of an architectural historian/Preservation Speciaist, holler.

Swamp

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 1:19 pm   Permalink

Mr. Smiley,

Mickie Finnz looks great! TikiDiablo's carvings ARE ZAZZ!

You were missed. But we trudged on without you...though it was tough.

After lamenting over our sorry state of no Tiki Oasis...Mai Tai and I moved on and had a great time at NOASIS. It was a fun evening...especially since we were able to spend time with so many friends. Sonya and Jim's wonderful preparations of Martiki's beverages were superb as usual. Fun evening.

Looking forward to next years actual "Oasis"...

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-05-10 11:23 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who helped make Noasis 2006 a roaring success at FI.

And a special tip-o-the-beachcomer-hat to FI's able team of volunteer doorpersons: Hat n Cleen, Hanferd, and the mighty Mai Tai. Couldn't do it without you, especially with the nasty cold I had that night.

Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation