FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Monkey Bar, Dallas, TX (bar)
The Monkey Bar, Dallas, TX (bar)
TxTikiGirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-03 9:27 pm   Permalink

Name:The Monkey Bar, Dallas, TX
Type:bar
Street:408 Exposition Ave
City:Dallas
State:TX
Zip:75226
Phone:

Description:
I was taken to the Monkey Bar for happy hour with co-workers and had no idea what to expect. It didn't look like much from the outside. It's small with a pink neon light. If you're not looking for it you'll probably drive past it.

I was pleasantly surprised though. It has a great patio with comfy patio furniture, tropical plants, a large water fountain and a few tiki heads thrown about. Since it's Texas they didn't forget to put some fans outside which was great. And the patio is larger than the inside!

Didn't spend much time inside at all but I remember it being somewhat dimly lit and possibly a black velvet painting or two?

It was the most fun! They even have their own specialty drink called "The Slippery Monkey." I don't know what was in it but it was coconuty or pineappley...anyways it was good and had a cherry on top!

The bar is located down by Fair Park where they have the Cotton Bowl/State Fair.

Go you must - here's the website
http://www.dallasmonkeybar.com/
They also have a MySpace page... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=56324150

[ This Message was edited by: TxTikiGirl 2006-05-03 21:31 ]

View Profile of TxTikiGirl Send a personal message to TxTikiGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 6:22 pm   Permalink

I don't think I've heard about this place, Is it worth the drive from McKinney?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 1:19 pm   Permalink

Bye-bye Monkey bar.

I just never got around to checking it out...not crazy about that part of town.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 06:36 am   Permalink

I got the impression that they didn't grasp the concept of Tiki, with nightly DJ's. And it'd obvious if you look at the auction, $9 for shipping! WHAT A STEAL! It would have been nice if they had more pics of the merchandise, but $2500 isn't a bad price to have a decent starter bar and decor.

I think mainly it's downfall was the location. It's in an area that say a good rise in artists (Forbidden Gallery, Bar of Soap, etc.) but I had a feeling that crime and development would chase the artists out of the area.

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2007-11-21 06:39 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation