FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis?
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-07 10:12 am   Permalink

Just ask Otto directly at otto@tikinews.com

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-01-10 11:33 am   Permalink

According to an email communique from Otto today: do NOT call Caliente Tropics to ask about this, it's all being worked out by Otto.

Reservations will begin sometime after Feb. 1, and will be available only through the Internet.

Full details will be posted here shortly I imagine, as soon as anybody hears word... I hope the Caliente Tropics's website is ready to handle the onslaught.

-mig
(whose mom also wants to come)

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-10 9:09 pm   Permalink

We are bringing our children as always.
So come on TIKI Centralites, don't be whimps.
If you have kids share the joy of TIKI and bring them. We can work out group daycare.
Daughter 10 and Son 12. We can bring game cube and movies, and a shit load of beach balls.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-14 7:09 pm   Permalink

I just found out that I have to do inventory that weekend, so no Palm Springs for me this year!! Damn.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 01:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

mrsmiley wrote:I just found out that I have to do inventory that weekend, so no Palm Springs for me this year!! Damn.

INVENTORY? Did you say INVENTORY?
OK, we know you've got TONS of Smiley Faces! No need to count. Just get your smilin' butt over to Palm Springs!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 01:43 am   Permalink

Bax, since I don't have any kids of my own, do you know where I can get some to bring? I don't want to feel left out.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 01:51 am   Permalink

Mr. Smiley's boss is clearly not receptive to the Tiki spirit.

Whoever heard of inventory in JUNE anyway? 'Scuse me, I thought that's what we do in JANUARY. You know, when no one's going on VACATION.

We must think of a way to get him out of there w/o losing him his job--some "freedom of religion" type issue perhaps? (Like orthodox Jews not working on Saturdays, that sort of thing.)

Surely there should be no enforced toiling tolerated on sacred Tiki holidays!

[ This Message was edited by: tikivixen on 2003-01-15 01:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikivixen on 2003-01-15 01:53 ]

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 07:22 am   Permalink

Lucky, I'm sure Bong will let you bring his kids, because he is to much of a wimp to bring them anywhere anyway! You know if I had not seen pictures I would have thought he was lying about having kids.

Vixen if you show up in june you will have missed everything. "MOTHER'S DAY"
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 08:18 am   Permalink

Isn't Palm Springs like in the 60's in May? Bax, you got any of those inndustrial heat lamps to warm up the poolside? I'm bummed it's not gonna be 107! Now I'm gonna have to wear a shirt and I'll have no excuse to give stuff away!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 08:58 am   Permalink

May is still a crapshoot for Palm Springs, one day it might be in high the 90's, the next it could be 60....May seems a little early still, I prefer the blazin' hot Palm Springs.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-01-15 11:56 am   Permalink

Mothers Day isn't a problem for me time-wise, but the fact that Caliente Tropics is still in high season rates is. I know Otto is trying to talk them down to a reasonable package rate, so fingers crossed.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 12:13 pm   Permalink

Erk, high season rates. Let's wish Otto luck. When does their "off-season" begin? June 1st?

Yah, I did know it was May. But it's a symptom of aging for me that I think one word and write (or say) another...

Maybe I'll bring my goddaughter. As an fanatical fan of SpongeBob, she is already considerably into Tiki at the tender age of three.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. Bamboo Ben
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-15 8:56 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Mrs. Bamboo Ben on 2003-01-15 20:59 ]

View Profile of Mrs. Bamboo Ben Send a personal message to Mrs. Bamboo Ben      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-17 11:12 am   Permalink

Looks like a bad weekend for Sabu and I. I will be en route to LA, for good this time. So Sabu and I will have an entourage of trucks moving Me to the south Bay area for GOOD!! Yippee!!!! More Tiki events for me!

See my Big News @
http://www.geocities.com/tinkerpr/AboutMe.html

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.:* _.*._ *:.
.:*`*:.*. .* .:**:.
.:*

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-29 09:11 am   Permalink

Aloha Tikis of the Central-types!

So does anyone have updated information on making reservations at the Tropics?

Do we know if the official date of 2/1 is when their site will have the info?

Mahalos, etc.

Tiki Bob

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation