FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » The horror that is the Beatles!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The horror that is the Beatles!!
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 2:10 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2006-12-15 09:10 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 2:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-05 14:10, lucas vigor wrote:
I am guaranteed to not make any new friends around here with this Anti-beatles rant. Perhaps I will ultimately end up like Bong. Banned.

Anyway, I am bored and my 'roids are bothering the hell out of me, so I am feeling cranky...
'roids flaming up like a nuclear test on an atoll,
(from the beatles, not the 'roids, that is)

well from the looks of this, an anti beatle rant won't get ya banned, but something else may.
sheesh.
TMI indeed.

...sorry to hear the beatles are such a pain in the @$$ to ya.

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2006-05-05 20:37 ]

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 6:59 pm   Permalink

Hahaha!

Lucas, I may not share your hatred of the Beatles, but you did at least choose the appropriate forum on which to vent!!

I salute your right to hate that which I love (and upon reading your post, I will have to admit that Sargent Pepper is, um, pretty, uh, random...ish).

F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 8:16 pm   Permalink

There's a saying in my family:

"Never trust someone who doesn't like the Beatles"

It's advice that has served us well.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-06 08:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

It's a sad day when I would rather listen to good charlotte or bon Jovi then the beatles.

A sad day indeed. Maybe your ass wouldn't hurt so much if you stopped talking out of it.

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-06 2:14 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2006-12-15 09:11 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-06 4:01 pm   Permalink

Uhm, these are two completely different forms of music. I don't think we can compare them and pick one over the other. It is really a matter of taste. However, there is always great music and just music. Beatles along with a few other bands changed the history of music.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-06 4:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-06 14:14, lucas vigor wrote:
the more I have read about the way John Lennon lived his life, the more my hatred of the beatles deepens

Oh come on, John Lennon may have been a misogynist-junkie-possible murderer but Paul McCartney gave us "WINGS", some crimes should never be forgiven.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-06 7:44 pm   Permalink

I never have gotten the Beatle mania.
They're OK, and they were fairly prolific and took some chances but... I don't know.
"Love Me Do" makes me want to chuck a spear through a nun.

I actually liked Badfinger much more than the Beatles.
Same sound, only in tune.
But there was that whole suicide thing.

Maybe..... there was murder afoot.
Lennon and Mcartney hate the fact that they got Badfinger started and now they're getting better than them.
So they kill.... I've said too much already.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 02:08 am   Permalink

Shit Pablus!
Send me a bottle of that rum.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 05:05 am   Permalink

Hmmm. How was your childhood? Just kidding.

Nothing at all wrong with the Beatles. Though, I do prefer early 'Stones to early Beatles and like the late Beatles far better than later 'Stones. And, yes, there is that silly Wings band. Poor Paul. Lennon married Yoko "Oh No!" —that's when I knew things were gonna go badly, but heck, the Beatles knew and discovered more and did more about and with music, than anyone. Ever. It was a sad day when they disbanded.

King Crimson influenced by the Beatles? I never knew and would never have guessed. I was a big K.C. fan—bought all their albums. I liked Bad Finger a lot too, but would never compare them to the Beatles. B.F. is way too "by the numbers" for that sort of comparison.

Hey, it's alright not to like the Beatles (I guess), but it's like someone else said: "Never trust anyone who doesn't like the Beatles." While I may not take it to that extreme, it does make me wonder.

So, why does Bid (ex-Monochrome Set) only offer his new band's (Scarlett's Well) music from some Spanish label's web site? Answer me that.

Just hav'in fun.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 06:59 am   Permalink

Vigor maybe you have a point. After all, Sure their last decent album was thirty years ago and they haven't even toured once since, but what have the Beatles done lately? Not a damn thing. Talk about resting on your laurels.

But seriously folks...

My first two albums as a kid were the Beatles 62-66 and 67-70 pressed on red and blue vinyl, which I still have.

I've liked different periods of their output throughout my life and suspect I always will although I'm never in a mood bad enough that I wouldn't enjoy hearing Rubber Soul and I'm facsinated with an enduring notion to re-sequence the White album to begin with Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey.

Definately the most production savey band of the first invasion rockers thanks mostly to George Martin, even their simplest efforts sound lightyears ahead of other bands from the same period like Who Kinks & Stones.

Oddly I listen to more Who Kinks & Stones that Beatles now. Perhaps it's because I can remember every note of those albums without actually playing them.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 6:29 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2006-12-15 09:15 ]

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 7:20 pm   Permalink

Dude-
Sorry to say this but you sound like a Old Man that all he does is complain!! Get a MP3 player with shuffle. Quit that KLOS Bullshit and take your Metamucil like me, Bong and Riptide!! WTF? No Biggie I'm Just saying? I'm not going to tell you what I hate unless you ask me. Otherwise I like the Smokin Menehunes.
I hope you know I'm just goofin on you!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 9:13 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: donhonyc 2009-06-25 20:05 ]

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation