FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » The horror that is the Beatles!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The horror that is the Beatles!!
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 4:05 pm   Permalink

Ta Da!

HA!!!!

Finally someone understands.

And now you understand, Woofmutt with two t's, why I alone created the thread,

Hey Hanford - Close this thread .

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=36996&forum=9&5

A thread that no one seemed to get or understand but was inspired by Lucas Vigor on two other separate occasions:

1st http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32665&forum=13&start=45&hilite=i%20quit%20smoking

and

2nd http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19390&forum=13&164

as well as you, Mr. Mutt: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32718&forum=13&vpost=461329&hilite=you%20moderate

Long live the Dance of the Tikimug Faires! http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=208&forum=1&24

In the words of Woofmutt, who is after all, so hilarious - he really is... I give one of his earlier works:

I know that I am powerless to stop you and I doubt I could get you started either but let's see if buttons work.

Here is an ancyent and olde topic that had apparently been doing fine in the bottom depths of the General Tiki forum.

Much like the corpse of a would be hit man I once knew for 12 minutes this topic has bobbed to the surface of the General forum and is just floating around there. It belongs in Bilge.

There is this button sorta thing called U-Moderate (the "U" stands for "you") and you can select a forum where you think a topic should go and then...

YOU GET TO PUSH A BUTTON!

And somewhere an angel monkey gets it's wings.

At this point I was going to suggest you go to the thread "Woofmutt drop me a line off list" and U-moderate it to Bilge. But I don't think you can figure out how to do it.

And even if you could I doubt you have the guts.

There are a lot of buttons in the world and most of them go unpushed cuz the world is full of mindless candy ass whimps much like you who are afraid if they push the button they might mess up their $40 nail job.

I'd go push the button myself but I'm busy making Tuna Helper Tuna Tetrazzini while watching my video tapes of According To Jim and trying to pick what color of Banded Short Sleeve Mesh Polo shirts I want to buy from Lands' End to wear to the big Parrothead Weekend out on Vashon Island which is going to be awesome cuz there will be three different Jimmy Buffet tribute bands playing at the same friggin time on four different stages!

Oh man! If you don't go press that button that means you are totally like me (Do you like Rascal Flatts, too? So cool!) We could, like, totally be best friends!

Hola versus the Aloha Monster

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 6:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-10 14:50, woofmutt wrote:
Just to keep the cross pollination going...

in my usual highly hilarious manner:

because as I have already told you all many times: I'm hilarious.

Posted: 2002-09-19 08:54 am by Woofmutt

" I posted, "I like it quite a bit, though I don't understand it." Hilarious. As I recall it led to much chuckling, back slapping, and rounds of drinks bought for and by all. Or something like that.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Posted: 2008-10-30 08:38 am

This is my one thousandth post.

* Even more hilarious? I wrote this t-shirt and sold it to T-Shirt Hell. Well, my origianl line was I'd rather be snorting cocaine of a supermodel's belly. But apparently they know their market cuz their re-write of the shirt has been a big big seller. I got $300.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posted: 2003-04-11 12:08 am

The pirate name site is hilarious. Thanks for the lead.

Yours,
-Dirty Tom Kidd-

(And I have no idea where any of that name came from as I chose the "bathe daily" option and don't even know anyone named Tom.)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Woofmutt:

Since 2002 and on no less than on 17 occasions, you used the word hilarious on the Tikicentral website threads.

I guess you are hilarious by your own reckoning. (sadly, I think you truly are).

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 7:12 pm   Permalink

OK, you're beginning to cross over into creepy/stalker territory. Or maybe you're already there. Either way I should let you know that I'm not very funny in person so there's no need to plan to lurk around my property.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-11 19:12, woofmutt wrote:
OK, you're beginning to cross over into creepy/stalker territory. Or maybe you're already there. Either way I should let you know that I'm not very funny in person so there's no need to plan to lurk around my property.

creepy/stalker territory? Hmmm, In the midwest, we call it fishing. Cast a line and see what bites.

Wait, what's that I see behind you, over there by the stove....

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 8:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-11 19:12, woofmutt wrote:

OK, you're beginning to cross over into paranoia.

Or maybe You Are already there.

Either way I should let you know that I am very funny in person but please don't plan to lurk around my property.

I am armed and dangerous.

But not quite as hilarious.

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-17 1:03 pm   Permalink

...and I thought I was the only one!

http://suckmybeatles.com/

http://www.areddy.net/beatles_suck/default.asp?page=hatemail

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2011-02-17 13:10 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-17 4:00 pm   Permalink

Yup, I was never a big Beatles fan either. That's my personal taste.

Here's another unpopular view... I thought the Ramones were highly overrated,

(but I will give them credit for getting the party started in 1976).

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-02-17 16:05 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-18 04:25 am   Permalink

"The Beatles?!? Bloody ya-ya music!"

"Ahh - they were ALL on drugs!"

"And get a haircut - you look like a girl!"

Authentic quotes from my dear old dad, who preferred Sinatra.

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-18 07:59 am   Permalink

I think I would have gotten along with him! "Ya ya music"!....classic!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-25 7:55 pm   Permalink

I think you probably would have too. Although he hated the Beatles, and used to bait me mercilessly when I was a kid, he was actually a very sociable guy, and was a real bar fly (out 6 nights a week, much to my mother's consternation). He was the sort of old guy John-O would run into on one of his dive bar expeditions.

The last time we went out for a drink, a young lady came up to me and asked for a dance, but I chickened out (50s rock'n'roll dancing - before my time). So my old man volunteered instead - he was around 70 at the time, but he had ALL the moves - he was great!

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 01:56 am   Permalink

Another reason the Beatles more or less suck: All the friggin cover versions of their songs. I really didn't think a damned thing about Blackbird when I first heard it sometime around 1975, I think even less of the one hundred and twenty-seven jazz covers of it that seem to be out there.

I was reminded how annoying covers of Beatles tunes are yesterday when I was loading Vikki Carr's greatest hits into the iTunes and noticed there was a cover of The Fool On The Hill on the album. I gave it a brief listen and decide Miss Carr's talents did not overcome the song's irritating qualities (she's no Sergio Mendes) and happily it is now not on my iPod.

(I just glanced over this whole thread again and realized it was mostly about bitching at each other and not about the Beatles. But I stand by my rant.)

(And for the record: I totally dig the hits of Wings. And Wonderful Christmas Time is one of my favorite pop Xmas tunes.)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 07:40 am   Permalink

For some reason, wings never bothered me either.

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 12:33 pm   Permalink

AHHHHHH!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 12:49 pm   Permalink

That's interesting because it seems the standard among Beatles fans is to loathe Wings and laud Lennon. (And of course everyone hates Ringo, the Jerry Lewis of the Beatles.)

The music of Wings (the hits, I can't recall if I've ever got into any album other than London Town) is honest pop music, more like the Beatles early stuff. It doesn't seem to have any pretension other than to be good pop.

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 1:04 pm   Permalink

"AHHHHHH!" -telescopes-

Some of the backup vocals to Twist and Shout. Very clever.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation