FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki If you're a Star Wars geek like me....
If you're a Star Wars geek like me....
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-08 6:36 pm   Permalink

Fans Win Star Wars Battle On Sept. 12

Its not hard to see both sides of the Star Wars argument. Fans wanted the original theatrical versions, but series creator George Lucas wanted to tinker with them f/x technology in 1977 is not the same as it is today so he reworked the first three films (Stars Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi) with extra footage and updated special effects, and then banished the original versions to the dark side of the moon. Star Wars fans complained, blogged and bitched and moaned and on Sept. 12 they will get their way when 20th Century-Fox will release the original theatrical versions as double-disc limited editions. Its a win-win!

Finally! Now I can watch DVD instead of my old VHS box set....now maybe if George Lucas will just release the 1978 Star Wars Christmas Special....

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 10:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-08 18:36, BryanDeanMartin wrote:
....now maybe if George Lucas will just release the 1978 Star Wars Christmas Special....

Some of us already have it.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 10:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

Finally! Now I can watch DVD instead of my old VHS box set....now maybe if George Lucas will just release the 1978 Star Wars Christmas Special....

My eyes! Not the Holiday special. Beatrice Arthur singing in the cantina is all I have to say. It is a necessary evil if you're a die hard Star Wars fan though. A part of the little sacrifices one must make as a fan.

I will say the release of the originals on DVD is some great news. I've always wished they would release them. Bye-bye Greedo blaster shot scene!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 2:10 pm   Permalink

Omigosh, I'm so excited. Dammit, Han shot first!!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 7:52 pm   Permalink

http://media.putfile.com/Trimph-the-dog-vs-Star-wars
funny for all

this one is called p massage, not what u r thinking http://media.putfile.com/Pussy-Massage

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 09:35 am   Permalink

My wife told me about it after reading in EW and it made my day, week and month. WHat I miss most? those cool, barely visable polygons around the tie fighters in the original. THe "perfection" (or what is considered to be perfection by Mr. Lucas) always had me wincing and yearning for what I remembered and loved most about the originals. Skrew having a million copies of the same movie, I thinnk I have 3 copies of the Big Lebowski!

regards to the x-mas special:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11662&forum=6&hilite=blueharvest
here's a thread about it

and for those of you who seriously (why, I don't know) want to watch it, go here and download a low quality version of THE ENTIRE EPISODE:
http://www.blueharvest.net/video/original.shtml

It's about half way down on the page amide A TON of better videos and cool star wars stuff. Make your judgement call after you watch it. To me, it's like buying a 12" jar-jar action figure. why?

Quote:
Quote:

....now maybe if George Lucas will just release the 1978 Star Wars Christmas Special....

Some of us already have it.

cyl - and I bet you watch it every day!

POLYNESIAC - putting the 'F' back in ART

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2006-05-17 09:37 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-17 6:31 pm   Permalink

The Christmas Special I suppose is from the Dark Side of the Force...one of those elements of Star Wars that just isn't so good (despite being the first appearance of Boba Fett)...like Jar Jar Binks or having to listen to everyone refer to young Anakin as "Ani" all the damn time. Too bad he didn't fire up that podracer while Jar Jar had his hand stuck.

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation