advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Belvoir Lime and Lemongrass Cordial
Belvoir Lime and Lemongrass Cordial
Tiki Bitty

Posted: 2006-05-09 5:37 pm   Permalink

My Tiki Drink Book says you can buy Belvoir Lime and Lemongrass Cordial (for their "Nancy's Grass Skirt" recipe) from Dean and Deluca. But their website does not offer any alcohol other than wine. Can anyone suggest where I can buy this in the SF Bay Area or online? Also, has anyone tried this cordial? Is it worth seeking out?

View Profile of Tiki Bitty Send a personal message to Tiki Bitty  Email Tiki Bitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 8:31 pm   Permalink

I made that cocktail, and I could'nt find that liquor either.

I substituted St. Martin Lime liquor and just muddled a little dried lemon grass with the alcohol and then garnished it with lemon grass too.

You can find lemon grass in most oriental grocerys that sell Thai cooking spices. If you really liked the taste of the drink (I didn't) you could make a rum or vodka extract of the lemon grass and use that to help flavor the drink.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thinkingbartender
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-10 03:58 am   Permalink

Belvoir Lime and Lemongrass Cordial is a non-alcoholic syrup.

http://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/

Belvoir is an English company, so it uses the word Cordial in its English sense.

View Profile of thinkingbartender Send a personal message to thinkingbartender  Email thinkingbartender Goto the website of thinkingbartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation