FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Excellent (and expensive) Don the Beachcomber Swag
Excellent (and expensive) Don the Beachcomber Swag
Reever
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-10 5:23 pm   Permalink

Boy, for a guy who built a house out of driftwood, anything this guy touched back in the day sure goes for a pretty penny now. But if you have the means, nice stuff. Not my auction, just noticed it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13765&item=746404196

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13765&item=746413242

View Profile of Reever Send a personal message to Reever  Goto the website of Reever     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-11 08:14 am   Permalink

Yeah, that auction is now legendary.People got original Leetegs for 50.- bucks, and celebrity chopsticks containers from the Hollywood Beachcomber.
Where was I !? ...why oh why did I not know about it? Sigh

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-11 2:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the post Reever! great looking stuff! it's too bad I'm shipping a big container here to the islands other wise I would use the money for those items. Dam dam dam!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reever
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-11 5:27 pm   Permalink

What I want to know is what the hell happened to all of the remains of the UFO-shaped Don the Beachcomber that once existed here in Dallas? It is gone without a TRACE. I've stood on the spot where it once stood. Office building now. The exact address no longer exists. I can't imagine there was even an auction when it got plowed here... there's just a stack of tikis in some demolition guy's garage.

View Profile of Reever Send a personal message to Reever  Goto the website of Reever     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-12 12:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-11 17:27, Reever wrote:
What I want to know is what the hell happened to all of the remains of the UFO-shaped Don the Beachcomber that once existed here in Dallas? It is gone without a TRACE. I've stood on the spot where it once stood. Office building now. The exact address no longer exists. I can't imagine there was even an auction when it got plowed here... there's just a stack of tikis in some demolition guy's garage.

And what about Ren Clark's Village? That was a huge chunk of Milan Guanko work! All dissappeared to the Elephant graveyard of Tikis.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation