FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ground has been broken on Portland's newest tiki bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Ground has been broken on Portland's newest tiki bar
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-12 3:37 pm   Permalink

I was in Portland recently and stopped by Roberttiki's FAB wine bar POUR on Broadway and 27th (?), and afterwards I was lucky enough to be shown the site for the new tiki bar Thatch just a few doors down. It is going to be AWESOME! Can't wait to see the final! Estimated grand opening about a month? Be sure to post on tiki central when it opens!!

Mahalo,

dangergirl

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 7:21 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2006-08-12 19:24 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thehipster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-14 8:35 pm   Permalink

I can't wait! I will be in PDX for the Pirate Festival at the end of September....anybody want to meet up at Thatch for a drink?

View Profile of thehipster Send a personal message to thehipster  Goto the website of thehipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ekomomai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-15 4:37 pm   Permalink

Hooray! We neeeeeed this!

We'll be dropping by to check on the progress.

View Profile of Ekomomai Send a personal message to Ekomomai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-16 12:39 pm   Permalink

Is it open yet?? How close are "we"?

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-19 11:08 am   Permalink

well, For starters, all the plumbing is done. For a sunken bar, you (maybe you do, but I had didn't) have no idea the plumbing nightmere it became.

The Arnet and Davis designed booths are finished in shiny orange.

The sheetrockers finished up their job on Thursday.

The Bamboo Craftsman, Troy Susan is loading tonnnes of bamboo into the place.

Mark Peterson of NW Tiki Crawl fame is helping out too. No one in Portland has more knowledge.

The Velvet Paintings, done by whiz kids Pander Bros. came out so much better than imagined. I almost peed myself at their unveiling. Ask me about the naked chick story sometime.

The bar is en route from Michigan

Looking like some time in Sept, dates will be posted here first.

BUT, between sept 9 and 19th, I will be riding a Vespa scooter across country, so if you want a tour, it can't be during that time.
Robertiki

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-19 2:22 pm   Permalink

<<<BUT, between sept 9 and 19th, I will be riding a Vespa scooter across country,>>>

It takes a year and ten days?

I would have thought only six months or so on a Vespa.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-20 09:46 am   Permalink

Haha

To make matters worse, I'm doing it an a Lambretta.

http://www.scootercannonball.com/

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
karmalaundry
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-02 1:46 pm   Permalink

I've been waiting for something like this ever since Trader Vic's closed its doors.

I CAN'T WAIT!

View Profile of karmalaundry Send a personal message to karmalaundry      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
karmalaundry
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-13 2:22 pm   Permalink

So is there any word on the grand opening yet?

View Profile of karmalaundry Send a personal message to karmalaundry      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-13 8:20 pm   Permalink

I think RoberTiki is on his cross-country tour, so he can't answer our questions, or get an Ohana Hut...

In any case on my way home today (at 5:00pm) I saw the front door to Thatch was open and construction people were working on it. I figured that with Robert gone nothing would get done, but they are still working on it..

I wouldn't hold my breath for it being open by the end of the month, but I think if he really puts the effort in it might be possible.

[ This Message was edited by: MikeyTiki 2006-09-13 20:21 ]

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 8:51 pm   Permalink

Robert, is that pic of you on yer Lamby participating in a "slow race"? I know that pose. (I own a 1964 All-State VNB, fully restored by Eric Larson of Scooter Shop, Orange CA)

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Big Kahooki

Posted: 2006-09-14 03:09 am   Permalink

Hey Robertiki,
Will Thatch have its own Tiki mug???

View Profile of The Big Kahooki Send a personal message to The Big Kahooki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-17 1:12 pm   Permalink

RoberTiki: Are you going to have a pre-Grand Opening night for TC members to come and help break in your bar staff and make sure everything is going smoothly?

Hope your cross country trip is going/went well, and that all the construction you wanted done while you were gone has gotten done!

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 1:59 pm   Permalink

Robert,

Hope to see a lot the Tiki from the Jasmine Tree there!
We're still saddened that it's gone!

Please let us know if you do a TC Grand Opening Event!
Mrs. Mojo and I LOVED Portland and would drive up there from the Bay Area for any decent excuse!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation