Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new carving marq
new carving marq
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-14 5:55 pm   Permalink

just started this this weekend. i'm going to try it all with chisels up to the sanding part. looking for advice. it's always appreciated.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 7:58 pm   Permalink

more progress:

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 8:02 pm   Permalink

Pdrake,

No advice needed. It looks like you have the situation well in hand. Have fun, carve safe, and push yourself to create a work that takes your skills to the edge. If you have fun, learn something, and come away from a project with better skills, what more can you ask for? Do your research and make sure you know where you're going before you get there. It's all cake man. Get out there and tear it up!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 09:28 am   Permalink

PDrake, I'm with GMAN, I don't think you need advice, you have an excellent handle on where this guy is going.Keep shooting and posting those progress shots and If we see anywhere we can add some advice, I'm sure you will get it, buthe looks too good. Keep up the good work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 6:06 pm   Permalink

Advice Adschmise. You're as good as any of us, Drake..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 6:51 pm   Permalink

thanks everyone. that really makes me want to continue. i have plans to put more detail in this than the others. carving the small stuff has taught me some lessons.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 7:07 pm   Permalink

chisels is slow. i should invent a power chisel. it'd go faster.

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 7:21 pm   Permalink

Getcha a Foredom and use their power chisel. I likes it.....

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 7:27 pm   Permalink

i have one. i was just kiddin'. i guess i'm using this to help learn the chisels.

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 10:22 pm   Permalink

Nice progress so far. I wouldnt mind getting a power carver. how tall is this one?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 08:30 am   Permalink

58"

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 3:49 pm   Permalink

One tiki at a time, thats the best way to learn the chisels and you're doing a great job with it. This one looks like he will dazzleeveryone.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 4:14 pm   Permalink

Looking good PD!
It always excites me to see a relatively new carver start up on a new log.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 7:29 pm   Permalink

here's a little update from today.

tried to do my best lakesurfer look.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation