FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Beachnik's Carvings (UPDATED 1/11/07)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Beachnik's Carvings (UPDATED 1/11/07)
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-22 11:16 pm   Permalink

Nice work!

Nice to see the carved panel. I'm starting on a couple of my own again... its fun to make 3D from 2D.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 04:42 am   Permalink

Beachnik, You Really captured the spirit and being of that maori guy. Very Well done!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 05:56 am   Permalink

Nice stuff, the Maori looks great. But the panel really catches my eye...good stuff! No worries with the man who bailed off the canoe, he'll hitch a ride on the next panel ya do!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 10:43 am   Permalink

Again very nice work. You were born to carve. That much versatility this early on is superb.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 12:43 pm   Permalink

Great tikis. The panel is very noteworthy and well done, even with the man-overboard. I hope you post more progress shots as you finish it up.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachnik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-23 11:52 pm   Permalink

Hey TC, thanks for the glance at my works in progress. The maori carver (yes, that is supposed to be an adze in hand!) is about finished. No more carving on him, just some coats of tung oil for the final steps. The war canoe panel is basswood and should cut like balsa compared to the maori made of brown cement!

Lake Surfer- Relief carving is a nice break from carving in the round. I dig it! Thanks for the comps on the canoe panel. I can't wait to check out some of your panels too!

Benzart- I really appreciate your input on the maori carver piece. Now I know that the tiki gods are smiling down on us!

Surfintiki- Throw the guy a life preserver if you see him! Not sure if I should glue in a piece and re carve him or leave him be?? He is off with the sharks I think.

Basement Kahuna- I guess you can say that I have the carving addiction...can't get enough! Thanks for the inspiration and keep carving, especially those amazing weapons!

Johnny P- More pics will be coming soon. I usually carve at night but the neighbors are getting pissed! Took the night off to smooth things over. This weekend they get the sweet sound of CHAINSAW!

Cheers, Beachnik

[ This Message was edited by: Beachnik 2006-05-23 23:54 ]

View Profile of Beachnik Send a personal message to Beachnik  Email Beachnik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 11:02 pm   Permalink

goddamn!, some talent!. I can not believe the talent hidden in that gentle, quiet dude. I am so glad you are carving , what a waste it could have been if you had just "retired".Keep on making sawdust. Peace. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 2:41 pm   Permalink

bravo! very nice work there. i agree with the others when they say your a natural. your an inspiration to others for sure. i, along with the others, am very impressed.
and i am serious when i say it
~bravo~!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachnik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-06 10:33 pm   Permalink

The only retirement I want is from my day job! Carving all day is what I'm talkin about!! Palm stumps, saw dust and rum...yea.

Twowheel, thanks for the comps. You know, the beast comes out when the chisel and mallet are in hand. I live for this stuff!

Tiki Duddy, hope you score some good logs and I'm looking forward to checking out your tikis. Welcome to the tiki madness and thanks for checking out my current projects.

Beachnik

View Profile of Beachnik Send a personal message to Beachnik  Email Beachnik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachnik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-05 10:02 pm   Permalink

Been a long time since I had a post. Feels great to be back to TC. I was sidetracked for 6 months due to a move, new business startup, and the general daily mayhem we all encounter. I am so bummed that I missed a chance to meet some awesome carvers down in San Diego this past October. I just saw the thread and pics...what a great time the bunch must of had! I'm sure the pics only tell half the story!

I must say that the tiki spirit is strong as hell, and a day does not go by that I don't think about the next tiki to carve.

Here are some pics of a commission I just bubble wrapped and delivered to one happy soul! The tiki is 6 ft, made of palm, heavy as hell, stained for some shadow, and 3 coats of poly for durability. This is my first piece since last June.

More to come and I will post new pics as they become available.

Once again, glad to be back carving!
Beachnik

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 11:42 pm   Permalink

Nice chops again Beachnik... good to see ya back at it. It is a disease alright... I've tried to take more than a couple months off and broke down... found a mallet in my hand again carving another piece of wood. Great classic look to this one, the new owner will be proud!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 03:09 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC. Excellent panel work. I have only tried one and it wasn't 10% the quality of yours sir.

I know we can relate as I quote..."Palm stumps, saw dust and rum...yea."

Brilliant

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 05:10 am   Permalink

WELCOME Back Beachnik, Been a Really long time. Nice tiki, we've missed you 'round these parts and Glad you ventured back in!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 08:24 am   Permalink

Quote:
Starting my third tiki.I was inspired by Tiki Jungle. Thanks bro!

You're welcome! You're well on your way. Nice work.

And the Band played on

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 08:27 am   Permalink

That thing looks great! Thanks for sharing your stuff.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation