FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Benzart's CoonTiki Project: students results in photos
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Benzart's CoonTiki Project: students results in photos
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 5:58 pm   Permalink

Attn: all Coon-Tiki alumni!!! PLEASE add your photos here so that Ben can see these all together! I took the liberty to assemble the few I have seen already.

Benzart shows us a few of the half done pieces prior to the event.

Tiki Lee's

Crazy Al

Swanky

Tikigap

Let's not forget these shots in Silverline's album! Many pics of us doing the hook knife excercise at the lodge.
http://f-stop.com/clients/Coon-Tiki

Here is mine (8FT Tiki)

Done carving & sanding

Stain & sealer completed. Here is Ben's side

My side.

Together.

I asked Ben to sign this at Coontiki and then I added my sig. next to his. I know a few others got theirs signed also and then added their names too. Great minds think alike! C'mon everyone let's get a complete album of the results here!!! Thanks! 8FT

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki 2006-08-25 17:20 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 2:10 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff... I work for a tattoomagazine and visits a lot of tattoo conventions where they sometimes do something called artfusion, a couple of artists are drawing with coal on a paper and after a couple of minutes you switch place with each other and continue, this makes the drawings very uniqe and odd when you mix styles. Those tikis reminds me a little of artfusion...

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 3:31 pm   Permalink

Man 8ft! You put a lot of time into yours . . and it turned out FANTASTIC! Mine's pretty sad. I worked on it between snapping pics that day and haven't touched it since. I think I'll leave it alone at this point. Yep, I gots mine signed as well! When was I EVER going to get that opportunity again?!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 4:08 pm   Permalink

8Ft, you really did an Excellent job on your half of the BenZart Lesson piece, It came out Very Well. You took the time and it shows.
Silverline, yours came out very nice too. Not everyone spent the time like 8Ft did,so his is going to come out pretty slick. Yours was great for the time you worked on it and the Pictures you took really makes up for Anything else.
I think a Coon Tiki Album would be great.. C'mon guys, lets see all your stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 7:20 pm   Permalink

I found another photo. Here is Kapu Kahiki's

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 7:56 pm   Permalink

Man I wish I was there!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-17 05:29 am   Permalink

Heres mine. No finish yet.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 08:24 am   Permalink

TSkip, yours turned out great too, especially since you, too, were looking at the back of a camera most ofthe time. Nice joob and NICE Pictures. Big Mahalos to you and Silverline for preserving these moments for all to see. And Swank Also took a great bunch of pix, come to think of it, a Lot of guyz did, Thanks to you all..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MsSwanky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-17 5:06 pm   Permalink

Here is mine. Unfinished still, and sadly missing a tooth.

View Profile of MsSwanky Send a personal message to MsSwanky      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-17 6:00 pm   Permalink

I think the missing tooth is good. Get Ben to remove one from the left side!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 3:28 pm   Permalink

ok...i've been holding off until i had a sufficiently grainy picture....to hide my deficiencies
with small carving (not to mention big carving). Another excuse...I'm a lefty...which means
the Ben did the right side of this one

I think I saw a picture of Jake LaMotta once that looked like my half of the carving.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 06:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-18 15:28, congatiki wrote:
ok...i've been holding off until i had a sufficiently grainy picture....to hide my deficiencies
with small carving (not to mention big carving). Another excuse...I'm a lefty...which means
the Ben did the right side of this one

I think I saw a picture of Jake LaMotta once that looked like my half of the carving.

Zombie tiki...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 3:52 pm   Permalink

Swank and Conga, Nice jobs Both of you. It is Not easy to become friendly with the hook blade and both of these turned out very well. I'm proud of you both. Hell, I'm proud of Everyone who got thru the seminar without major bloodshed.(Swank's nibble was a Minor tiki bite, thay were playing with him!)

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 9:15 pm   Permalink

I Just found that Ben had this photo so I'm adding it here.
It was so hard to choose one to carve from this lineup I gotta tell ya!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 07:43 am   Permalink

I absolutely Love every one of those guyz. You have ALL Passed thge lesson with High marks. Thanks so much for keeping this thread alive. Hope you all learned your lessons well. I'm thinking about carving a bunch more lessons and offering them for sale.
Also I have a few resins of the benzart/c'al lesson.
Happyhappyhappy

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation