FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-28 4:56 pm   Permalink

What can I say except I had a blast last night!!! Thanks so much Sabu, Bigtikidude, WooHoo, and Soccer tiki!! You all did a great job putting this together.
Its always fun getting together with everybody!!! BTW we won some great prizes too!!! We are stoked!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-28 6:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha! What a blast last night was! My wife and I had such a great time. It was great to see and hang with friends and meet many new ones. How could one not have a great time around good people, good music and tons of big, hanging, glowing balls? It's still hard for me to believe that such a magical place has an uncertain future.

Big shouts go out to the volunteers/organizers woohoo, soccer (would you be "football" in other parts of the world?), bigtiki, and Sabu for pulling this thing together on such short notice. The food was awesome, bands were perfect for setting the mood - the king kept me in stitches, the glasgow tiki shakers surfy/shadows-y sound was killer(get that CD out so we can buy it!!) and the Martini Kings blew me away. I had to get some of their CDs. I can't wait to see them again. Those door prizes were AWESOME, but they would have been better if I had won one...spermy...and that Diablo sign was a true 'ting o' beauty. Krustiki and ookoo are very luck indeed.

I would like to thank Sabu for inviting me to create the commemorative pendant. With so many top-notch carvers in this area who's work I greatly admire, it was a real honor to me. I would also like to thank each and every one of you who were there early enough to purchase a pendant. I'm glad I was able to finish 50 (53 to be exact...I still have one that is "sticky", and yes, I still have it attached to my microwave) and I was surprised at how fast they went. All the proceeds from the pendant went to help pay for the event and the bands time.

I do hope the rumors are true that it will be sometime before sam's is officially gone. Places like this are rare, indeed.

See ya at the next one!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-28 7:42 pm   Permalink

Q-tiki and I had the best night yet, talking to everyone and making new friends. Thanks everyone involved for a wonderful evening. Hopefully we will have more evenings like that again.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
isotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-29 10:39 am   Permalink

We too had an outrageous time. What a wonderful group effort putting this event together so quickly, thank you.

View Profile of isotiki Send a personal message to isotiki  Email isotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 12:06 pm   Permalink

the martini kings want to say mahalo to big tikidude,sabu,soccer tiki and woohoo and everyone else that put together the sams event.
hard to beleive it but that was our first trip there!
we've played on a ton o stages before but none as cool as that.
i'd love to get a photo of the band on that stage if anyone happened to get a shot.
hope to see evryone soon!.
best,
tony" martini king" marsico

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 5:06 pm   Permalink

We had a blast at the "rumored last party" and want to thank everyone involved in putting it together as well as those who showed up to Sam’s to pay their respect. We plan to head back there again for dinner Tuesday 5/30 (not sure what time though) and would like to invite those who are interested in joining us. Once we get off work we plan to head over there and hang out at the bar as well as eat there. We live within 15 minutes from the restaurant so it won't take long for us to get there. Typically, we eat at the bar. This way we are seconds away from a drink refresher.

I'll post the pictures that I took from last Saturdays party as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Mahalo,

Tikitatt (John Sissel)

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 7:02 pm   Permalink

Many mahalos to Sabu, Woohoo, Soccer and BigTikiDude (whom I did not have the pleasure of meeting). Good times at Sam's! Aloha to Wes, Biff and the gang!

See you in Catalina.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-29 10:53 pm   Permalink

We just got back to Fresno tonight. The trip was well worth it to see Sam's. Thanks to everyone for all of their effort and hard work to make this event happen. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-30 07:38 am   Permalink

Thanks to Bigtikidude, Sabu, Woohoo & soccertiki for a great event. We had a lot of fun. It's always good to see our friends. Polynesiac's necklace was very cool and there were some very nice door prizes. Would love to see a photo of Krustikis "happy dance". I think he was one of the Soul Train dancers back in the 70s. Glaskow Tiki Shakers opened with a groovy surf tinged Quiet Village......and went on to play many old school surf faves. Martini Kings exotic set was a great end to the evening in an exotic setting. King Kukelele was in his element as the consumate master of ceremonies. Big Fun indeed.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 11:48 am   Permalink

Thanks to all who organized the event. It was a cool & casual happining...

Might I also say that not a single face was licked!!!

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 1:38 pm   Permalink

Click here to see some photos of the event

There are two videos below. Please download them to your computer to watch them.

Instructions:
PC: Right-click on link > Save Target As or Save Link As
Macintosh: Control-click on link > Download Linked File As

Watch the Martini Kings perform Quiet Village 9 minutes 18 seconds
File size: 26.37 MB

Watch the waterfall at Sam's 21 seconds
File size: 1 MB

QuickTime is required to watch the videos. You can download it here:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

[ This Message was edited by: TikiSan 2006-05-30 15:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiSan 2006-05-30 15:42 ]

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 7:09 pm   Permalink

Ah, so sorry I had to miss this!

Cool footage Tikisan! I don't think you really anticipated having the visual "interruption", and I had to adjust my audio and did a couple of additional passes just to make sure, but I could actually hear your "C'mon" (as in "C'mon, you're in my shot!"...lol). Cool stuff anyhow!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 7:28 pm   Permalink

Hey All,
I've had a very Busy weekend up until monday night, so I haven't had a chance to post anything yet.
First off, I want to say thank you to everybody for thanking,
Me and Tim(Sabu)and Soccer Tiki and Whoohoo. I admit that it was my brain child to do a big event in the back room with bands and etc.
instead of just a Monday crab night( which was also very Good).
But I must say that all that all the thanks go to Tim. Especially as he did 98% of the leg work involved, and fronted all of the money for the event. And to Soccertiki and Whoo for doin the IN list and taking the money at the door. All I did was get the Glasgow Tiki Shakers,(whoom I'm glad got lots of great responses for),and be a backboard for Tim to bounce ideas off of. And a little bit of amp lifting for the band. Other than that they get all the kudos. I was just happy that the event went off without any major hitches(though some of us were worried about the no shows).
And everybody had a great time.
Thanks to everybody who came, and especially the ones from far distances. Monterey, Bay Area, Fresno, Arizona,.. That's dedication.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-30 19:30 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-30 8:21 pm   Permalink

Well, dagnabit, this is what I get for not coming to TikiCentral more often...I did not hear about Sam's closing until Friday night....ironically enough, I took my roommate there as a bit of a farewell since she'll be moving to Georgia next month. And then the waiter tells us the bad news! Fortunately we did have a camera present, and the waiters pretty much let us have the run of the place to take photos. I even snuck behind the bar in the bar to act as a bartender, although the picture didn't come out so well. First the Royal Hawaiian and Trader Vics, now this.

It was good to finally meet someone from the boards, even if unexpected...and more amusing that I was apparently mistaken for someone else, since I matched the description from tiki-schleek's post...

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GlasgowTikiShakers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:23 pm   Permalink

Just a short note from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers to thank all the Tiki Central folk for including us in the Sam's good-bye extravaganza. Special thanks to Sabu, Big Tiki Dude and all our new friends for welcoming us. Also big thanks to King Kukulele and the Martini Kings -- how good are they! Long live Sam's (we hope from the rumors at least a few years longer)!

View Profile of GlasgowTikiShakers Send a personal message to GlasgowTikiShakers  Email GlasgowTikiShakers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation