FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sabu, Bigtikidude, Woohoo & Soccertiki.
An excellent event!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-30 19:09, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Ah, so sorry I had to miss this!

Cool footage Tikisan! I don't think you really anticipated having the visual "interruption", and I had to adjust my audio and did a couple of additional passes just to make sure, but I could actually hear your "C'mon" (as in "C'mon, you're in my shot!"...lol). Cool stuff anyhow!

Glad you enjoyed the video. By the way, that wasn't me yelling "C'mon" that was someone that was with the dancers.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-31 7:57 pm   Permalink

TikiSan our apologies to you if we were a visual "interruption" we had no idea you were video taping. When we heard the drum beats of The Martini Kings calling and assuming this was the last Hurrah for Sam's, we would no longer be wall hibiscuses.

Thanks again everyone!! We had a blast!!

View Profile of goddess-sun Send a personal message to goddess-sun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 9:04 pm   Permalink

Well, the wife and I ate at Sam's again after the big TC show and plan to go again this Saturday (all are welcome). Both the management and staff know about the closing of Sam’s yet were professional and held their composure. They did mention that there is a possibility of the new owners turning the Hidden Village room into a nightclub instead of a luau show. They never would say that Sam’s would be demolished and turned into condos. Anyway, it’s not confirmed but that is what the employees had to say.

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 9:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-30 22:23, GlasgowTikiShakers wrote:
Just a short note from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers to thank all the Tiki Central folk for including us in the Sam's good-bye extravaganza. Special thanks to Sabu, Big Tiki Dude and all our new friends for welcoming us. Also big thanks to King Kukulele and the Martini Kings -- how good are they! Long live Sam's (we hope from the rumors at least a few years longer)!

Hey Bill,
Great to see you here in the TC forum.
You guys were fantabulous on Sat. night.
Of course I'm biased towards surf music

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 21:04, Tikitatt wrote:
all are welcome

Excuse me but just what does that actually mean?
What has changed from the last time I was there?
So like your saying, I wasn't welcome before this post or is something going to change after this post?
I wish you would be more specific and tell us Everything.

…………………………………………..

I'm sorry Tikitatt, this is just a smart ass ploy from another thread I started.
I couldn't’t resist.
Thanks for the update!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-01 12:28 pm   Permalink

Can you say "Toublemaker"??? LOL!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 12:54 pm   Permalink

Unga's the head wanker of wankerville

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 10:02 pm   Permalink

. . . and on the Swordfish,
the man at Sam's,
rockin the Xiphias Gladius for us
KRUSTIKI!!!!!!

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 03:38 am   Permalink

Sorry we're so late in posting this, but b-boyd and I just got back home. You see, we got turned around somewhere near the 415, 91 and 60 transition and ended up in Mexico. Then, we got detained for having a contraband Billy's glass on board (thanks Woohoo) after some time in a Mexican jail, we made our escape. On our way back, we got blown off the road just out side of Palm Springs and ended up in a sandbank! Just kidding …inside joke…and for those of you who were concerned, we hope we didn’t worry you guys too much!

But seriously, we wanted to extend a hearty Mahalo Nui Loa to Sabu, Woohoo, Soccertiki, Polynesiac, bigtikidude and everyone else who worked so hard to put together such an outstanding evening for everyone to enjoy! Outstanding!!

We has a blast and it was great to see old friends and make some new ones!

Dinner, even though we got there a bit late (that damn wind and 415, 91, 60 transition) was yummy and so was the special Woohoo Juice …thanks Soccertiki!

King Kukulele? What can we say…simply the best! And Tiki Diablo’s and Polynesiac’s carvings…I wish we would have been able to take both home with us, but our acceptance dance would not have been as entertaining as Krustiki’s. And I guess we’ll just have to covet Woohoo and Soccertiki’s pendants.

The Glasgow Tiki-Shakers were fab (we LOVE surf tunes) and the Martini Kings? As amazing as ever!

We feel privileged to be welcomed into such a fine group of folks! Your hospitality was very much appreciated by these desert dwellers and it was great to see all of our (new) old friends and meet some new (new) ones, Sabu; Hau 'oli Tiki & the Mr.; Mean Gene and the ohana; King Kukulele and the lovely Hillary; Polynesiac (loved the pendants J …dang we shoulda gotten there earlier); Mike (we’ll call you about the framing); Tikitatt and Mrs. Tikitatt (now I gotta get my tiki tat; Tiki Diablo (amazing carving); Johnny & Lady Velour ) and everyone else we had the pleasure of meeting!

Thanks again for an unforgettable weekend! Can’t wait to see y’all again real soon!

Until then, much aloha to everyone!

tiki-t & b-boyd

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-06-02 03:59 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-02 5:48 pm   Permalink

I remember the waiter from last Friday when he told us simply said he didn't know what the new owners would do to the place...at least there's still some hope...

And Sabu the Coconut Boy...good to meet ya! (hope I have the right person here...)

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 1:21 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-05-31 19:57, goddess-sun wrote:
TikiSan our apologies to you if we were a visual "interruption" we had no idea you were video taping. When we heard the drum beats of The Martini Kings calling and assuming this was the last Hurrah for Sam's, we would no longer be wall hibiscuses.

Thanks again everyone!! We had a blast!!
[quote]

No apologies are necessary! I thought your dancing was spectacular and only added to the enchanted evening.

The Martini Kings version of Quiet Village was amazing!

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TuleWatu

Posted: 2006-06-03 8:06 pm   Permalink

Hey u tiki boys's,

Did anything get planned for Sam's tonite? Mine & I got married there on Nov. 1, '80, and have dreamed tiki island dreams's ever since. We're in Ventura now but if anything's happening tonite, I'd like to know. Sam's has always been precious to me personally, and to my wife due to getting hitched there. I am in shock to call there today and check web sites for the 1st time in several years, to learn they are closing their doors tomorrow...

The reason I was contacting them was to begin plans for setting up our 25th anniversary party and possibly renewing vows in the wedding chapel. Getting married there was a magical experience. We had about 125 come, & there was someplace for everyone to go, something to do, and I have always been a surf & sand boy, so the Polynesian setting was perfect by me, man.

Please please let me hear from someone, even if it'd after the fact. I'd like to know how it went, even if I'm not there. However, if I hear early enough tonight, I'll drive down. It's only an hour or so, and I have friends local to stay with tonite.

So, Aloha TikiBoys, Let me know

View Profile of TuleWatu Send a personal message to TuleWatu  Email TuleWatu Goto the website of TuleWatu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-04 7:28 pm   Permalink

BAD NEWS...... I just got off the phone with SoccerTiki. He stopped by Sam's for one last drink. As he was walking into the restaurant three couples were walking out. They had been turned away because the kitchen was out of food

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-12 8:52 pm   Permalink

Hey Sabu, Big Tiki Dude, & Soccer Tiki ~ Are you up for a Sam's Revival Party??
I'll be in charge of Roll Call WoooHoooo!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation