FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2006-05-26 5:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-05-26 17:13 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 6:48 pm   Permalink

Here's the official Sam's Seafood commemorative pendant that is modeled after the signature design found in their menu:

Hand carved, molded, pulled and painted by me! This is a limited edition commemorative pendant ONLY available at the event sold on a first come, first served manner. "Sam's" is carved on the bottom as well as the date of the event. We'll be selling these for only $10 each (cash only) and all proceeds will go to help pay for the event! Depending on how the mold does, it looks like we'll have around 30 available for sale. I'll try and be at Sam's as early as possible for all you early bird collectors , but I'll definately be there when the food starts!

Thank you very much everyone for your interest in the pendant, I hope you like it!
Now it's off to cast and paint some more...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cherryjane

Posted: 2006-05-26 9:47 pm   Permalink

I wish I could be there to celebrate with you all! Must make plans to have one final dinner/drink there this week!

Someone have a Scorpion for me! (I'm sure I won't have to twist any arms!)

[ This Message was edited by: cherryjane 2006-05-27 07:17 ]

View Profile of cherryjane Send a personal message to cherryjane  Goto the website of cherryjane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 9:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-26 18:48, Polynesiac wrote:
Here's the official Sam's Seafood commemorative pendant that is modeled after the signature design found in their menu:

....it looks like we'll have around 30 available for sale.

Only 30? They'll go fast! I better get there early!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 10:48 pm   Permalink

Why only 30??????

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 11:25 pm   Permalink

I think Polynesiac is making as many as he possibly can on this short notice. I know he wanted to make 50, but with carving the original, making molds, casting each pendant, then painting each one, thirty I'm sure is all he could manage with such a short event-window.

Yes, they will go like hotcakes. I predict it. Dang.

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-05-26 23:25 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 11:51 pm   Permalink

Aloha Ya'll!!

The Boo's are gonna pop in early for a beer or 2 and
"pay our respects to Sam's" then head out. I guess that will give 2 more openings for the dinner/show/ Mega Event ?

We jus' flew in from Kona and our arms are weary tired!! Badda Boom, bang, Crash!

RIP SAM'S!

Square Bamboo !!!!!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2006-05-27 08:47 am   Permalink

Due to some "Last Minute Cancellations" there are a few Buffet spots open. They have been paid for in advance for the buffet, so we would like to fill 'em. Please PM me before Noon today to be added to the list...First come First served...WoooHoooo!

Remember....Dinner is @ 6:30pm Show @ 7:30 Happy Hour @ 4:30

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2006-05-27 08:58 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-05-27 14:20 ]

Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:
Only 30? They'll go fast! I better get there early!

Why only 30??????

The good news is, I was able to reach my goal of having 50 available for sale. I was being conservative with my first estimation. I apologize about any inconveniences

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tonight and thanks again to Woohoo, big tikidude and Sabu for organizing this grand send off! I should be at Sam's around 5:30 (probably closer to 6:00, but I'm shootin' for 5:30). the sun's finally out, so now it's time to get paintin'....

See you tonight!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 10:58 am   Permalink

That's good news, Polynesiac.

As WooHoo said, there are few spots open for the dinner buffet. We expect some "drop-ins" from the OC Weekly article to show up, so I don't see a problem filling the spots, but I'd like to fill them via TC if at all possible.

As added incentive, Holden at Tiki Farm has donated this fantastic gift basket or "Rare & Retired" mugs as one of the door prizes:

So let WooHooWahine know as soon as possible. Again: A few tickets are available to both the Buffet & Show, and the Show Only.

Thanks again for the outpouring of support and interest. I can't wait to see you all there this evening.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2006-05-27 12:10 pm   Permalink

Just added!!!! Mike over at The Picture Show Gallery in Seal Beach just donated 4 gift certificates to add to the door prizes!!! Very cool!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 1:19 pm   Permalink

One final thing - We will gladly accept personal checks this evening, but if you can pay by cash, that would be preferable. We would like to try to pay the restaurant the full bill in cash this evening to soothe any anxiety they have about the story getting out into the OC Weekly and their fears that this might become a public event.

This will not end up being an "open event" despite possible rumors. We reserved 115 spaces for the buffet and that's all we're going to allow. We've built the list of attendees here on Tiki Central and that's the list we're going to use. We won't overbook the buffet.

The maximum capacity of the room is only 150, so, while we are allowing some folks to pay for the "Show Only", I expect we will be turning away others. I've worked to reassure the owner that the event is well under control and that the TC folks are polite and upstanding afficionados of their historic restaurant and would never let any stealing or looting of artifacts occur.

Tommy, the manager, knows us from previous events and he trusts us. When I look at the list of attendees here on TC, I know or am friends with almost all of you. This is going to feel like a family event to me and I'm looking forward to that. The article in the OC Weekly was a bit unfortunate in giving the impression that the event was open to all. By paying the owner in cash for the evening's buffet bill, I'm going the extra mile to make the him feel safe and trusting of our group. Thanks for helping me out in this.

I am SO looking forward to tonight!

Thanks again,

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-05-27 13:28 ]

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 2:02 pm   Permalink

<<<and would never let any stealing or looting of artifacts occur. >>>

I foresee Sabu on his 14th drink pounding on the table to get everyone's attention and then yelling "ARRRRR, Let's tear her apart!"

Anarchy will ensue.

The picture will make the cover of Tiki Magazine.

Hanford will be sued for inciting riots.

The NSA will have all of us tapped to see what the code word "tiki" really means.

There will be a movie about it with Tom Hanks as Sabu and Johnny Depp as Bamboo Ben.

(whew - too much work and not enough tiki time make pablus paranoid... and someone that refers to himself in the third person.)

Have a good time tonight, Ohana.
Enjoy each other and your fabled palace of pleasure.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-27 2:15 pm   Permalink

We are leaving Fresno right now so depending on traffic we may be a few minutes late but we are coming! We can't wait!

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation