FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » How are you promoting Tiki?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
How are you promoting Tiki?
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-10 9:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the lesson on terminology Sven...Tiki Authority...it is.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo

Posted: 2017-11-25 5:30 pm   Permalink

Bump.

Just this week I was talking about tiki with a twenty-something coworker who’s originally from Georgia, and mentioned that there are only two Trader Vic’s remaining in the US, one of which is in Atlanta. She immediately started texting friends, asking if they would go with her when she returns at Christmas. None of them had heard of it. Here’s hoping their experience is amazing and we win a few “converts.”

Other ways I’ve been sharing tiki include taking my friends and family to Denver tiki bars (so much so that my sister and fiancé have suggested Adrift as a wedding reception location), making tiki drinks for as many people as possible, and showing my tiki finds to everyone I can.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davidphantomatic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-12-17 12:21 pm   Permalink

By hosting a podcast called Marooned, focusing on the growing community of Texas Tikiphiles.
Past guests include the owner and staff of Lei Low in Houston, The Boozy Doodler, and Jay Brooks of Aloha Texas Tiki Co.

View Profile of davidphantomatic Send a personal message to davidphantomatic  Goto the website of davidphantomatic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube

Posted: 2017-12-17 12:37 pm   Permalink

Well, we did have our very first tiki party this year. We invited about a dozen close friends and served up a few recipes from the SC book. One of my friends now buys me Exotica records and the occasional Coco Joe figurine she spots at thrift shops, whereas before the party she got us plastic party tiki stuff from the dollar store. So, I'd say we are making progress!

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The_Alchemist

Posted: 2017-12-18 11:34 am   Permalink

I work in a tiki lite bar preaching the gospel of tiki to people.

View Profile of The_Alchemist Send a personal message to The_Alchemist      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-18 12:33 pm   Permalink

I was fortunate to get to know a couple local bartenders who were interested in tiki. Then I was able to help them learn enough to get hooked on the drinks and on tiki culture. My home bar was a testing ground to further expose them to a number of the classic drinks. They've taken off on their own now, one even scours thrift shops between Amelia Island and Daytona Beach looking for tiki treasures for his home.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-18 3:16 pm   Permalink

I post info on this website called Tikicentral most times about the Kahiki restaurant in Columbus Ohio.

Then other people use that info for news papers and all kinds of things, before I posted about the Grass skirt burning down on Bill Sapp's birthday you never heard that anywhere,
now it's common knowledge.

But it's a good thing that almost nobody reads what I post so nobody knows where the news paper people and others get their info.

Dam a posting about a new Trader Sam's mug gets more replies than my whole Kahiki thread has.

That and the smoking tiki fountain.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-19 11:51 am   Permalink

Don't forget about the TIKI JEEP!

Seriously Skip...love the Kahiki and your Lamp threads. Don't Stop!

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-19 12:21 pm   Permalink

TIKI JEEP! ?

I could never hope to get the kind of responses that the Tiki Jeep thread does.

Wonder what percent of the TC viewing audience even care about the old places and what I call tiki.

It's getting weird I tell ya.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hami-The-Tiki-Torch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-12-22 3:00 pm   Permalink

Big ups to the host for including the Tiki Torches on Episode 9 of the show!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/marooned-a-texas-tiki-podcast/id1257608123

View Profile of Hami-The-Tiki-Torch Send a personal message to Hami-The-Tiki-Torch  Email Hami-The-Tiki-Torch Goto the website of Hami-The-Tiki-Torch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation