[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Best Online Resources for Rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Best Online Resources for Rum
Tiki Bitty

Posted: 2006-05-16 4:53 pm   Permalink

Hello,

OK, I give up on Beverages and More. Can anyone suggest an online retailer for Demerara Rums?

Thank you!

View Profile of Tiki Bitty Send a personal message to Tiki Bitty  Email Tiki Bitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 9:17 pm   Permalink

Hi Time Wine
Pretty much THE place to get Lemon Hart and Lemon Hart 151.

BUT something seems to be amiss because they have a disclaimer on their website that they are not shipping spirits at this time. I hope all is well in their camp and that this is just a temporary dry spell for ordering. I'd be heartbroken if they cease to provide this serve for those of us in rum deficient states.

If you are looking for El Dorado of any aged numbers, I'm not sure what to recommend. We've been rather lucky to get 15 year somewhat locally in this part of Florida.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 08:56 am   Permalink

In lieu of Hi Time Wine, try http://www.wineandliquordepot.com/. Totally crappy web site (broken images everywhere), but very friendly people. Don't order on their site. Just call them up toll-free. They ship anywhere and the prices are very competitive with Hi Time Wine. I just called the other day for a shipment of Lemon Hart and St James. Once they have your credit card on file, all you have to do is call them, tell them who you are and what you want. That's it. Couldn't be easier.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 09:32 am   Permalink

Try Here
A few kinds of Demerara and Marschino Liqueur

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 06:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-17 09:32, Swanky wrote:
Try Here
A few kinds of Demerara and Marschino Liqueur

Nice selection, but sheesh they're expensive. Some examples: Lemon Hart ($21.23 vs $16.89 at Wine And Liquor Depot) and St James Hors D'Age ($33.88 vs $21.59). Shipping seems to be roughly the same. But it's nice to have multiple sources.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 03:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-17 08:56, GatorRob wrote:
In lieu of Hi Time Wine, try http://www.wineandliquordepot.com/. Totally crappy web site (broken images everywhere), but very friendly people. Don't order on their site. Just call them up toll-free. They ship anywhere and the prices are very competitive with Hi Time Wine. I just called the other day for a shipment of Lemon Hart and St James. Once they have your credit card on file, all you have to do is call them, tell them who you are and what you want. That's it. Couldn't be easier.

It's curious they don't mention the size anywhere. I'm assuming those a 750 ml. prices(?) I guess that's why you have to call.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 05:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-19 03:59, pappythesailor wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-17 08:56, GatorRob wrote:

It's curious they don't mention the size anywhere. I'm assuming those a 750 ml. prices(?) I guess that's why you have to call.

Yes, they're 750 ml. Like I said, crappy website.

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 2:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-16 21:17, I dream of tiki wrote:
Hi Time Wine

Florida is a "Distributor State" so Hi Time is not supposed to ship wine or spirits into Florida. They have, and they probably will again, but for now they are not an option for those of us in Florida.

You mentioned that you are in BevMo country, try chatting up the manager of your local BevMo. It may take some work, but usually you can talk a manager into ordering a few bottles of something 'different.' It helps if you are already considered a 'regular' by the staff.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 11:00 am   Permalink

Anyone tried these guys? I like their prices.

http://www.bevmo.com

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo Donny

Posted: 2006-05-31 8:45 pm   Permalink

Try these guys.they are just down the road from me.
http://www.internetwines.com/

Over and out.
Donny

View Profile of Tattoo Donny Send a personal message to Tattoo Donny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-04 11:15 pm   Permalink

I use Pop's, they always have a good selection and their prices are great

http://www.popswine.com/

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-06-08 1:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-16 21:17, I dream of tiki wrote:
Hi Time Wine
Pretty much THE place to get Lemon Hart and Lemon Hart 151.

BUT something seems to be amiss because they have a disclaimer on their website that they are not shipping spirits at this time.

According to their website, Hi Time Wine is now shipping again! But only within California...

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-08 1:44 pm   Permalink

www.Internetwines.com is the BEST! I place an order and two days later it's here.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 5:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:
According to their website, Hi Time Wine is now shipping again! But only within California...

I just learned that the hard way. Yesterday I placed an order for 2 bottles of St. James Extra Old but they sent an email saying "Sorry...." What am I gonna do now? A summer without mai tais just isn't right.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-08 17:27, Kenike wrote:
Quote:

I just learned that the hard way. Yesterday I placed an order for 2 bottles of St. James Extra Old but they sent an email saying "Sorry...." What am I gonna do now? A summer without mai tais just isn't right.

There are plenty of other online places to order St James from. Just look through this thread. St James Extra Old is available from my online supplier.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation