FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Best Online Resources for Rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Best Online Resources for Rum
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-09 08:50, GatorRob wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-08 17:27, Kenike wrote:
Quote:
According to their website, Hi Time Wine is now shipping again! But only within California...

I just learned that the hard way. Yesterday I placed an order for 2 bottles of St. James Extra Old but they sent an email saying "Sorry...." What am I gonna do now? A summer without mai tais just isn't right.

There are plenty of other online places to order St James from. Just look through this thread. St James Extra Old is available from my online supplier.

The only place I found it was Wine and Liquor Depot...but holy cow! $31.99?? That's a bit steep. I might try my local liquor store to see if they can order me some.

St. James Royal Amber seems to be pretty easy to find...anyone ever use it in a mai tai?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Degarth

Posted: 2006-06-12 10:57 pm   Permalink

Try www.liquorama.net I have only used them for beer, but they do carry spirits. You may have to call them to get a spirits list. Anyway, they have never had a problem shipping beer to me in Florida. I found out about them on ratebeer.com. You can read customer reviews about them there: http://ratebeer.com/Place/california/upland/liquoramanet/3841.htm

View Profile of Degarth Send a personal message to Degarth      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 11:17 am   Permalink

With Lemon Hart no longer being imported to the US, we need to start looking overseas for sources. I have a bottle or two of the 151 in the bar I think. It will last a summer maybe.

I have found
this place in the Bigbro speaking country. Shipping to the US is 36 euros ofr a bottle. Anyone know A) of other places to order Lemon Hart and B) just how it works to send liquor? I mean, I can't have it shipped from California to Tennessee, but can it coem from Germany to TN, or does the same law apply?

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 11:20 am   Permalink

What!?! No more Lemon Hart? I hate this country!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 11:45 am   Permalink

Quote:
With Lemon Hart no longer being imported to the US

Can someone in the know confirm this?

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 1:11 pm   Permalink

Just tried to order rums from your site Swanky.
It did not take. I emailed them to see if they could help.
love Lemon Hart, But they Have Havana Club!
I will let you know what they say.
We Could go in on some rum.
You will be at the Hula Hop.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 5:43 pm   Permalink

Just heard back from Swankys web site people.
A bottle of Lemon Hart gold.
Plus one bottle of Havana Club 7 yr Anejo
Is $102.50 to Ohio.
Half of that is shipping.
We need a plan B.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 7:16 pm   Permalink

I found those guys via Ebay, where they have a bottle of Lemon Hart 151 for $2 right now. With shipping, it ends up still being about $40. Can we get it in the Carribean? That would be easier. Bring back bottle from there. Someone we know is going there.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 10:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-09 11:45, Rum Balls wrote:
Quote:
With Lemon Hart no longer being imported to the US

Can someone in the know confirm this?

Where does this info come from Swanky? This is the first I heard of it, and if true would be deserving of its own thread. I'm sure there are places around the country with it still in stock, but supplies will dwindle soon if it isn't being actively replenished. Crap... There isn't anywhere in Tucson that I know of to find Lemon Hart. I found my bottle of the 151 in Nevada.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 11:14 am   Permalink

I first heard about it last summer as I was looking online to buy a batch for my luau. All the regular online places had none and I ended up calling around and found little and was told then that it wasn't being imported. Made sense with the scarce supply. I finaly found a few bottles on a shelf in Californai and got those. I looked around again recently and was told the same thing.

If anyone can say for sure otherwise, I tend to believe it is true. It seems to be out of stock everywhere. If anyone sees it on the shelf at their local liquor store, they should ask about it and then we'll know better.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 11:25 am   Permalink

Tried a new search on Froogle an dgot two hits:

winexwine.com shows 151

and Wine Delight which only ships to California.

Through Yahoo, where it used to be in many store, it is now only in Spirit Merchants

Hard to guess. It is certainly much harder to get now than it was two years ago.

quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 1:37 pm   Permalink

I can't verify this, but the local liquor store says El Dorado is no longer distributed in the states either. What's going on here? Has the government declared Demerara Rum the new Absynthe or is there just not a big enough market for the stuff?

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 1:41 pm   Permalink

The county I live in (Montgomery) is an oddity in Maryland because the liquor stores here are all run by the county. Fortunately the closest one to our house has a pretty good manager who's pretty responsive to customer requests. Anyway, local supplies here do not seem to be drying up at all - they actually seem very well stocked as of late. Will check with the boss next time I'm in - he's pretty knowledgeable.

Hope this isn't the case, though...

Cheers,
Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderPeg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-13 3:28 pm   Permalink

Nah, plenty of El Dorado here in the Northeast -- I bought 3 bottles of the 15 year old at Bottle King because I love it so much. It makes such a delicious Mai Tai that I wanted to lick the glass!

View Profile of TraderPeg Send a personal message to TraderPeg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mike the Headhunter
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 6:29 pm   Permalink

dropped an email to the distiller company listed on the nc abc, Pernod Ricard. I also checked the website and found no listing for the product on their website. I have been trying for months to get a special order of these products, but no answer. Maybe the parent company has info.

View Profile of Mike the Headhunter Send a personal message to Mike the Headhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation