FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts LavaFlow/Reesenik art. New sticker and mug! Mugs are going fast!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
LavaFlow/Reesenik art. New sticker and mug! Mugs are going fast!
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 10:17 am   Permalink

Just started getting my stuff out there. Thought it would be nice to start a thread for putting stuff on as I get them done.For all the things I had at Oasis they are here now.It was on shutterfly but I guess that's not working.Here goes.....
Three t-shirt designs. Hodadhank has these in his shop-I'm just about out of these.

These three paintings are in his shop as well.

A good friend got this one for his home bar.

Kingstyedye has Flamehead (I'm so proud to be in that insane collection of his).

The next two are in my home bar.

Thanks for looking.
Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2010-01-26 18:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2010-01-26 18:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2010-06-23 21:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2010-07-02 21:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2010-08-23 16:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2012-07-28 08:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2013-11-04 20:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2013-11-20 19:28 ]

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 10:38 am   Permalink

Hey Matt,
Glad to see your gettin' your art into the public's eye. I like the brightness and size of your work. ( dont' get to hung up on brown ) I also dig the fact that you cut them out and you are not stuck in a box. I could see your art being done on a massive scale and hung all over the walls of a building or house.

Also a tip for ya, Check out
Photobucket.com They give you the code for posting pics on TC and they make it way easier to post pics and they don't mess with your picture as much as shutterfly sometime does.

Aloha,

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 10:56 am   Permalink

Hi Matt I also like your pieces.... especially the Lava Flow pieces. The size is striking too. Cool stuff!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 1:39 pm   Permalink

Matt - It was great meeting you at TO 6 and seeing your work in person. You have a killer style and those colors are SO vibrant! that green one would look really cool under a blacklight

You still have any of the lava flow t-shirts with the tiki on 'em? Pm me if ya do!

Chongo, thanks for the photobucket link, I don't like how shutterfly puts borders around the pictures I post here AND crops some of them! I think I may give them a try

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 7:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback. I have been really lucky as far as meeting cool creative types go. I love nearly all the work I see on TC. I hope to keep it coming.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 8:03 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff man!

I think your stuff is really suited to skate and surf board designs.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 8:04 pm   Permalink

Very cool stuff. Is it airbrushed?
Reminds me of
Tinglers tiki's

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2006-05-17 20:05 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:37 pm   Permalink

Nice panels! Very cool.

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 06:44 am   Permalink

No they're not airbrushed. Just acrylic on 3/8 masonite. I scroll-saw 'em and they are sealed in a simple rustoleum clear coat. I'm glad you like them. I checked out Tinglers stuff and they are really nice looking. Thanks again for the feedback.

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 8:47 pm   Permalink

Finally have something new to post.
Finished this surfboard for a guy at work. Sorry about the crappy pics. The thing was super shiny.

You just never know what people are going to ask for.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2006-10-31 20:50 ]

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 6:45 pm   Permalink

Go Matt Go! Keep those digits limber and paint coasted. The board looks cool and the two Tikis look like they are havin a great time in the sun. Keep snappin those pics as the work comes along.

See ya!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 8:18 pm   Permalink

Hey, thanks man. I hope to have some more stuff soon. The 'Oki 'Oki ate up some time.
Cheers.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-02 01:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-01 20:18, Matt Reese wrote:
The 'Oki 'Oki ate up some time.

But you'd have to admit: It was inspiring and motivating.
You never know what the customer will ask for...(truer words never spoken)
have fun Matt.
Let's see some more work, it's been three days since okioki

Everyone loves my new shirt...thanks
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-02 05:47 am   Permalink

Three days with two kids. Time is one of the things I don't have. I'm trying...I'm trying.

TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-02 9:33 pm   Permalink

Has anybody seen 'Tiki's' so happy?

Nice work !!!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation