[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Owls haunting our Tiki Carving
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Owls haunting our Tiki Carving
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-17 7:01 pm   Permalink

Owls are wonderful birds to watch....they can get pretty big and are very graceful. When I was a teenager, we moved from Point Loma (in San Diego) out to the country (Lakeside) about 40 miles from San Diego. My Dad bought a 10 acre property with a huge ranch home, swimming pool and horse corrals. It was a dream to live there for an animal lover. We had deer in our valley, coyotes, a rare mountain lion, road runners, pheasants, owls, hawks, bats, and rattle snakes (I know how to use a hoe!!! LOL).

We had a pair of huge white owls that lived in one of the big oak trees on the property. It was eerie to see them come out a night cause they were huge and white and would fly up around the pool. Lots of time me and my sister and my Mom would be swimming at night and the owls would be swooping around. The scary times were when the bats swooped down into the pool for a drink and we were swimming.

Owls are inquisitive and I think they must live close to you and find your yard interesting. Maybe they appreciate your bringing the spirit out in those logs. You should feel honored that they visit you, they should bring you good luck. Here is a nice article about animal totems and the messenger spirit of owls.
http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/OwlTotem.html

Thanks for posting the tiki that shared your owl visit.

VampTiki

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-02-17 19:03 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TampaTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-17 7:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the link...Benzart mentioned that Seminoles found the Owl Spirit not really lucky...and living, as we both do, in Florida, it is another thought to ponder!

On another note, Bay Park Buzzy! How's your room mate?

Thanks and Mahalo to all,
TampaTiki

View Profile of TampaTiki Send a personal message to TampaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 2:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-17 19:28, TampaTiki wrote:
On another note, Bay Park Buzzy! How's your room mate?

After I gave him a couple of Mai Tais, he seemed to be down with the whole tiki thing

He just ordered a pendant from me. He wants to look like a tiki guy too. He's also looking to trade his stash of dead mice for the cocojoe's owl ashtray. PM me if any of you want me to broker the deal for you...

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 2:35 pm   Permalink

i'm not sleeping in that room.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 8:53 pm   Permalink

How is it that this thread has existed as long as it has without some old-timer reminding the newbs about this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=8104&forum=6

Which in turn lead to this one:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12893&forum=1

???

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 03:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-04 14:35, pdrake wrote:
i'm not sleeping in that room.

Pleasant Dreams ... Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 09:28 am   Permalink

it's great that you helped that owl. but I'd be careful about who knows about it. having that owl could cost you a steep penalty, and lots of legal trouble.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 6:56 pm   Permalink

Perhaps Owls like tikis too. I Certainly Love this one and the eyes are really cool (on the tiki!) Well the Owls eyes are too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-10 2:03 pm   Permalink

if you were a Hopi Indian in AZ you would be f'ed... the messenger of death and night spirits etc... the owl is...........

good thing your not Hopi.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-10 4:17 pm   Permalink

And nobody knows owls better than

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation