FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Creating tiki "theme of da month" june" SURF TIKI"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Creating tiki "theme of da month" june" SURF TIKI"
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-15 10:53 pm   Permalink

I won this surfboard last year at the C st Long board competition in Ventura. It was shaped and created by Jeff of Parole Boards. My logo was designed and airbrushed on the board by Linda Cowell of Ventura.
Tiki shirt by Adrift.

[ This Message was edited by: VonTiki 2006-06-15 23:31 ]

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-16 11:54 am   Permalink

Wow VT,

I was getting ready to ask how you made the tight radius bends in the bamboo when you pointed out that that is a real surfboard. SICK!!! That will turn some heads at your local break. I really like the shape too, kind of a mini-malibu.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-16 7:32 pm   Permalink

Re: the pic I posted of my dartboard/surfboard,

On 2006-06-15 09:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

I don't get it!?
---------

The picture before was some bald dude dancing.

Never mind!!!

You had to see it!!!

Some bald dude dancing? How freaky! Shortly after I ordered 3 years worth of family photos from Shutterfly, my account has been acting real squirrelly. I don't have any pics of bald guys dancing.

Sorry for the strange interlude folks...back to art now.

[ This Message was edited by: kctiki 2006-06-16 19:37 ]

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 06:47 am   Permalink

I missed the bald dancing guy...

Heres my newest piece, fresh out of the oven (literally!)

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 09:40 am   Permalink

Did you muss up the paper first?It looks so old and vintagey-almost like pen and ink on barkcloth-the stippling in there is intense!Go lightly as you don't want carpal tunnel in later years! Great work-captures the mood to a tee!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 8:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-03 09:40, little lost tiki wrote:
Did you muss up the paper first?It looks so old and vintagey-almost like pen and ink on barkcloth-the stippling in there is intense!Go lightly as you don't want carpal tunnel in later years! Great work-captures the mood to a tee!

Sketched it in pencil, did the linework in ink. Coloured it in pencil, tore the edges, baked in oven. Be careful of getting oils from your hands on the paper - it browns at a quicker rate and results in fingerprints... Big problem for me cause I sweat a lot.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 07:48 am   Permalink

Hewey!
so it was the baking part that got that background texture!Would have never thought of that!I usually just stain the paper with available coffee or ink while wet!Thanks for sharing,man!Gonna have to try this soon!Thanks Hewey!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation