FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2006...we're almost there!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hukilau 2006...we're almost there!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 8:11 pm   Permalink

Instead of trying to reply to dozens of emails regarding this years event I thought it was time to make an announcement.

The site is almost ready. We're going through a few minor last minute details that actually make a huge difference in the grand scheme of the event. We're looking at some point next week.

I would like to take a moment to thank Humuhumu, she's been so patient with us and has designed an amazing website for 2006. Just wait 'til you see it!

So, sign up for news if you haven't already and keep lookin' here on TC for more info!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 11:46 pm   Permalink

Holding breath until next week...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-25 4:16 pm   Permalink

You know, I've been checking for updates on the Hukilau website and Tiki Central for weeks now! I can't wait to hear the details!! We made it to Hukilau 2004 but were among those scared away by the hurricane. Our quick evacuation meant that we missed the Mai Kai! In 2005 our boy Rhodes was born (the EPT at Hukilau 2004 told us he was coming!) and we just couldn't make it. But Bliss and I wouldn't miss it for the world this year! We're coming from Detroit and bringing the Rhodester and his Ad Hoc Nanny with us. WOO HOO!!!!!

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 4:35 pm   Permalink

The best part of working on the website this year is that I've gotten a sneak peek at what Kiliki's got up her sleeve -- and it has had me so completely excited. October cannot come quickly enough.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-25 8:10 pm   Permalink

The website can't come quickly enough! HAHAHA You're killing me. Bring on the Hukilau!

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-28 5:15 pm   Permalink

Ooh! OOOH! *squeak*

We're signed up. Couldn't do the NW TikiCrawl OR the Oasis this year so darn it...we are hoping to make Hukilau!!! MEOW!!!!!!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 09:31 am   Permalink

Come on now. The suspense is killing me!!

How long does it take to build a website!!??

Arrrrr!!!

Hukilau!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
touchythetiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-30 09:35 am   Permalink

tapping fingers......

View Profile of touchythetiki Send a personal message to touchythetiki  Email touchythetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 09:49 am   Permalink

Is this why Humuhumu hasn't been updating Humu Kon Tiki?

Oh well, it's certainly a worthy cause. Can't wait to see it.

All Humuhumu's sites look great!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:46 am   Permalink

Keep your eyes peeled to TC on 6/1/06!!! That's all I'm gonna say!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 6:25 pm   Permalink

Suspence always gets me sooo excited...

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 7:09 pm   Permalink

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:32 pm   Permalink

Tiki Kiliki-

What happens on June 1st?

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:38 pm   Permalink

Anyone into skinny dipping?

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-30 09:31, RevBambooBen wrote:
How long does it take to build a website!!??

Not all that long, but creating a four-day event for hundreds & hundreds of people? Now, that takes some time. Kiliki & her organizers have been working very hard with musicians, performers, hotels, venues, the Mai-Kai, creating the schedule, etc., etc., and there have been a lot of "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross before it can all be announced. The website is the first visual manifestation of the event, but the effort in building the website is just a pittance compared to all the effort that Kiliki has had to make to get it all together!

Soon... very, very soon...

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation