FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2nd Annual 'OnaTiki Mele 7/1/06 San Diego
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
2nd Annual 'OnaTiki Mele 7/1/06 San Diego
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 5:28 pm   Permalink

Anybody have pics of the party?

TBird

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 5:37 pm   Permalink

please share your pics.... I must live vicariously through y'alls posts. Bummed I could not make it down. Stoked y'all had a great time.
Moki and Ona are # 1. As for the guest bartenders...Damn!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 9:55 pm   Permalink

a wonnaful a wonnaful a wonnaful.....

-Refreshing Drinks, Bongwater, Suffering Bastards, Monkeypods, Beachbums Own, Mai Tais.
-Deeelicious Meatballs, Kahlua Pork, Hawaiian Mac, Egg Rolls, Pineapple Cakes, 7 layer Dip, Cookies, Chips, Artichoke Dip...
-Excellent weather.... Footwear Optional, No Jackets Required
-Standing/Sitting in the fountain under the waterfall.
-Lots of ambience, Wonderful Lamps...
-Custom Screened Ona Tiki Drinking Glasses.
-Top Notch party goers.

Its just keeps getting better.

Thanks to our terrific hosts and to all others who helped make it a special 10 hour party......

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 10:03 pm   Permalink

I'm sad that we've missed another grand event at the OnaTikis, but just knowing that a swell party happened makes the world shine a little brighter, even if we didn't get to take part. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 10:26 pm   Permalink

Wonderful time, wonderful house, wonderful hosts. Here are some pix:

The front yard. Mrs. Satan's Sin by the tiki, with our traditional "here we are" gift -- an extra-large bottle of cheap rum. This one was called "Military Special Rum."

Front porch.

Railings on front porch.

A backyard view.

Backyard, another angle.

Backyard. The thatched umbrella thing shades a sitting/drinking area. To the right is the "beginning" of the bar proper.

A lovely backyard sitting pavilion. I took several pix of this as I plan to make one for my own.

Living room.

A view of the top of their sideboard.

Another view of the sitting pavilion.

Bongofury at the helm, making his signature "Bong Water" cocktail. As delicious as it is deadly!

A view of the waterfall around which the L-shaped bar hooks.

Even the trash cans must be nestled within tiki glory!

Every inch of the backyard has been put to good use.

Another bartender. Starting to get dark. Goodnight, folks!

Oh, Mother! The blood! The blood!

[ This Message was edited by: Satan's Sin 2006-07-02 22:27 ]

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 09:44 am   Permalink

We want to say thanks to all who made our second annual mele bigger and better. We couldn't do this without you. It was great to see old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks to everyone who brought gifts, food, booze and their great aloha spirit. We had a wonderful time. Makes all the work worthwhile. We have to say.....boy can you guys eat and drink.

The guest bartenders worked their tails off!! Bongwater cocktails, MonkeyPods, Suffering Bastards, Mai Tais & Beach Bums all being consumed in mass quantity. They were all very tasty.

Thanks to all who helped behind the scenes with setting up and cleaning up. We were exhausted!! The party lasted to 2:30 and we had 11 overnight guests. We were all a little rough the next morning.

We even had a few celebrities. The newest member of the Kick the Reverb family, Ofel, made her first tiki party at only 1 week old and there was an Alvis sighting in the waterfall. I think somebody got his picture.

Special thanks to Matt Reese for the 'OnaTiki logo painting that created some great photo ops.

Mele pictures

We've already had reservations for next year. Can't wait!!

See you all again at ITD!!!
'OnaTiki & Moki

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 10:06 am   Permalink

Who'da thought paradise would be found at the corner of Clairemont Mesa and Clairemont Drive?

That was the best. The best hosts and the best party people anywhere, and I still say Ona has the best Tiki Bar in SoCal, 'bar' none. It was really a pleasure in every way, gee, I miss that waterfall jacuzzi already.

Hey, check out the as yet uncut palm tree trunk waiting to be hacked out back? And the mug collection with the primo triple-shrunken headed 32 ozer?

And where can we order a six-pack of those glasses??? I didn't heist any cause they is family and I'd be ashamed of myself in the morning, but I want some!

Thank you folks, that was amazing.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 12:47 pm   Permalink

Gotta say another over the top( in a good way) party at Ric and Monicas place this year.
I was kinda hesitant to bring so many Chicken and Steak Kabobs,
but I guess it was plenty or could have been more.
I was bummed to have gotten there a bit late cause of traffic, but
we made up for it in no time short.
Was great to see so many people there. Was it more than last year?
I'm kinda regretting forgetting my swim suit and not joining Alvis and Ric in the Pond. But I did dunk my head.

Great times as always, thanks sooo much for having us all to your place.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 1:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Ric and Monica for a wonderful afternoon. I had a blast. I'd like to thank Monkeyman for the shirt and the hats for the kids. We used them at the fair yesterday, they were perfect. I'd also like to thank Rina for the pirate lighterrrrrrr. Can't wait for the next one. Sorry the drive was so lame for everyone coming from the north. Kirby- watch that Redbull intake!
Cheers to all
Matt

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 8:26 pm   Permalink

Many many thanks to Ona and Moki for such a great party. I know we got there late but we had a great time. Hope I didn't wear you out talking away into the late hours of the night. Mrs. Fury it was a pleasure doing business with you , Monica you are so nice it is unbelievable. Hope to see you all soon.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-03 8:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Ric & Monica for the good times. They are the ultimate hosts and their place is something you have to see in person to fully appreciate. Hula Hula, OnaTiki and I ate all the ceviche and poke before the guests arrived. Don't miss out next year. We did not get any night time shots, but the place sets another mood when it gets dark.

Their bar set up is tops.

Tiki-Kate & Al-ii sharing an early quiet moment.

Moki & Mrs. Monkeyman having a laugh.

Monkeyman with one of the nicer green Bong Water cocktails.

Jon Paul checking out Spermy's new hair.

PolyPop & Stephanie

Jen (Mrs. Gavin), Mrs. Fury and Hula Hula.

The proud parents.....Ofel is traumatized by her first Tiki Central Party.

Hula Hula can barely keep his Bong Water down while Tyger Jimmy and PolyPop encourage him on.

The hand is quicker than the eye! Me & Dr. Z doing dual duty behind the bar. "Where's my flip-flops?"

Thanks to all who enjoyed my cocktail and to Cyntiki for stealing lemmons from the neighbors tree so I could do a third round. It did taste better than it looked. Thanks to all the hippies for letting me use their bong remnants.....it went to good use. Thanks to our hosts and all that helped out. Full keg.....gone, light rum.......all gone, any food.....you guessed it. Nice to see Bosko & Truus again and all the great TCers that made it a fun place to be.

"Don't fuck with Uncle Bob when he's been drinking!"
Don't fuck with the cat either.
Or Mrs. Fury

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 9:18 pm   Permalink

Damn Cat, Me and Jon Paul can attest to it's viciosness.
we both got clawed, him so bad it drew blood.
Then the cat had enough balls to lay on my pillow, before I was ready for bed, then when I was hittin the hay, came over and wanted to sleep on top of my blanket, I was under.
needless to say, I say take a hike cat, but didn't hurt it.
Just shoo'd it away. I am a ex cat owner, and don't advocate animal violence.
Love your Post Bongofury, too funnny.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-03 9:23 pm   Permalink

Thank you, Ric and Monica, for having us to your party. I'm still recovering (just catching up on sleep)! Here are a few pics:

Ran, making the famous Reverb Crash

Al, concocting a few mean Mai Tais

Some of my favorite drinking partners

View Profile of tikimania Send a personal message to tikimania      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 9:38 pm   Permalink

Tigger is happy that all the damn "hippies" in the circle on the lawn are gone

He'll challenge anyone to a fight. Just give him a chance to get his fighting goggles on.

At 15 years old, he's the self appointed bouncer of the 'OnaTiki Lounge. He's even got his own uniform.

Just be thankful that only a couple of you shed blood. He really is a lover. He can't wait to see you all again.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 10:26 pm   Permalink

that's hilarious, I'm dying over here.
does he check ID too??

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. I may have long hair, but I ain't no stinking hipppie.
no offense to any hippies( much):-)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation