FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2nd Annual 'OnaTiki Mele 7/1/06 San Diego
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
2nd Annual 'OnaTiki Mele 7/1/06 San Diego
GeekiTiki

Posted: 2006-07-03 10:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the invite. I had a great time.

Mark

View Profile of GeekiTiki Send a personal message to GeekiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 11:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-03 21:38, OnaTiki wrote:
Tigger is happy that all the damn "hippies" in the circle on the lawn are gone

He'll challenge anyone to a fight. Just give him a chance to get his fighting goggles on.

At 15 years old, he's the self appointed bouncer of the 'OnaTiki Lounge. He's even got his own uniform.

Just be thankful that only a couple of you shed blood. He really is a lover. He can't wait to see you all again.

I found Tigger hangin' on the curb out front. I picked him up and brought him in the house. The whole time he wuz givin' me this look like "who are YOU, and what the hell are you doin'!?" Sorry Tigger, just a drunkin' out-of-control cat lover. We're freinds now.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 12:31 am   Permalink

As always, it was a fantastic party! We feel very fortunate to be able to hang out with such a great fun group of people. Never a dull moment because there are always such diverse individuals, all connected by their love of tiki. For me, this event was the perfect example of why I'm part of Tiki Central. Thanks Ric & Monica for making it happen!

We were there for around 7 hours and were totally exhausted (in a very good way) by the time we left. During our bartending stint we found that the intake of drinks was in direct proportion to the incredible heat. We mixed in excess of 50 drinks in just over 60 minutes. Man, this crowd can really put'em away!

Thanks also to everyone who added to the night with food, drink, and hard work. Cheers!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 5:47 pm   Permalink

Thank you Ric and Monica for a great party! Buzzy and I had a fun time being able to meet everyone. I took some pictures while we were there and thought you'd enjoy them.

Zaya

Kirby, Buzzy and Ona

Buzzy and Bongofury

Buzzy and Spermy

TheGarz and Buzzy showing off their guns!

Buzzy checking out Ona's future projects.

DoctorZ showing off his new shark teeth!

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-04 8:23 pm   Permalink

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 9:49 pm   Permalink

Still waking up from our paradisial dream down at Onatiki's. In detox yesterday but coming back to life today.

What an awesome time we had. We really need to buy up the property in the neighborhood to create our Tiki commune and retirement village. Most all my favorite peeps were there, my face hurt from all the laughing.

Our hosts Ric & Monica are always so gracious with drink, food and comfort. Monica scrounged up every last crumb she could find and got up the next morning and fed us bacon, eggs & fluffy pancakes.

Thanks to all the bartenders. Rich and Marianne-you were tireless and your drinks were tasty! Ron-Bongwaters, my new favorites in all colors! Derek's Monkeypods my old favorite! Sorry Al, I was on Diet coke & water during your shift, but picked up a Reverb Crash & a Sharkbite.

Loved the new cocktail glasses, picked up my set of eight for a very reasonable price. Party-goers special.

You're future is uncertain and murky

Mrs. Crash the Reverb (Dale) & Princess Ofel. One week old and sweet as can be.

Polypop & Stephanie

Hut People

"Wooly", I mean Spermy drinking a Shark Bite

A Shark Bite in one of those fine Onatiki cocktail glasses.

Thanks again to all! Enjoyed all! Can't wait to see you all soon!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 10:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks OnaTiki & Moki for having us, it was fun bringing litte Ofel to her first part, gotta start'em young.
The party was great - good drinks, good food, good company (and we all know how fabulous the Ona Tiki Bar & Grill is).
Thanks to everyone who offered advice for dealing with the newborn.
I appologize for not serving as many drinks as requested, but I didn't bring my own ingeredients this time (Just GF juice), but I did manage to mix 6 KeelHualed (that's the pic on the previous page), and afew more Reverb Crashes.
Can't wait for ITD!
Thanks again,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-05 11:21 am   Permalink

Well the desert rat is back in Phoenix, recuping from a great weekend in my fave city. Ona and Moki, of course your party was the highlight of the trip. Thanks so much for your generosity and incredible hospitality. The food and drink was awesome. Sorry, I didn't get to hook up with you again, but I was trying to cover a lot of ground in the short time I had. A special thanks to all the mixologists for their delicious concoctions. I was definitely feeling no pain as the night progressed. It was great seeing the old gang again, and making some new friends along the way. Hope to see everyone again soon!!!!

~~Cuzin Dave

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 6:50 pm   Permalink

That Pic of Spermy above, drinking the shark bite, at a quick glance looked like he was smoking out of a bong. Now why would I think such a thing????

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 12:44 am   Permalink

Finally! A moment to post a few words!

The second time around was even better than the first! Ona and Moki, class act hosts all around. The atmosphere was perfect as usual. Food and drinks, superb. The chefs and bartenders were ON that day! Missed the MonkeyPods and Suffering Bastards by THAT much though! Grrrrr ! Sooooooo good to see so many people again. Made new friends, too!

If you missed this, you missed a truly wonderful afternoon and evening with some of the nicest people I know. I was later than I'd have liked to be but timing is indeed everything! (Matt, thanks for the help AND the painting! Got my cards read by Al.( it's kinda vague, huh? hehe;) )Jim, can't say enough about those floats! )

Can't wait to do it again next year! Consider this my RSVP in advance.. waaaaay in advance!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation