FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana How the Tiki Central Ohana Saved My Weekend...
How the Tiki Central Ohana Saved My Weekend...
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-28 8:10 pm   Permalink

Alright, I don't post much, so I wasn't real sure of how this would all work out, so I must preface the post with context in order for it to make sense...

For Memorial Day, I decided to get out of town and get in touch with the ocean...and chose Fort Lauderdale as the most likely target. It seemed like everything possible was going not-so-according-to-plan but of course I was just makin the best of what was landing in my lap.

There's the context...here's the story.

I decided the best bet for a good dinner and beverage session in town was the Mai Kai...of course . HelzTiki and Mrs. Helztiki and ChipnAndy decided to join in...Now I have never met a more congenial group of "strangers" in my life...I'm not sure where to go with this as it's written, but we hung out at the Mai Kai, had a few drinks, and made was was turning into a vacation bust into a Great Horribly Successful Trip!. Now this is before adding in that the best part of the trip was surrounded by the coolest South Seas ambiance that I've ever been in...what a great way to sum up a trip.

So to each of you who joined in tonight...Thanks a BUNCH!

HelzTiki...I'll run into you sooner than later since you're moving to a fairly close location.

Chip and Andy...Thank you so much for showing up, it means a lot. I look forward to running into you two at a tiki event in the near future.

Mai Kai - Just great. Plain great. Great Great Great.

Mahalo nui loa to all involved!

TekoTeko

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-28 8:40 pm   Permalink

How kool is the TC ohana?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 07:47 am   Permalink

It turns out Tekoteko didn't really like florida. He moved back to somewhere else.

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 18:04 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation