FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Caliente Tropics Luau weekend July 14th-16th !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Caliente Tropics Luau weekend July 14th-16th !
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 3:40 pm   Permalink

Why not in the next couple of weeks? Why does it have to be so darn far away? I want to do it NOW!!! (said in my whiniest Veruca Salt voice...)

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 4:50 pm   Permalink

Sounds great to me.... However, we will need plenty of notice so we can get off work during the weekday and weekend.

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 7:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-29 13:09, The Sperm Whale wrote:
OK how about August 12th & 13th?? Thats drolly the only time Laura will be able to go because of Medical School. I don't think it needs to be a big deal or anything cause I just want to drink, hang out at the pool, and be with good friends (at the Caliente of course)!!! What do you think Unga Bunga??

Spermy-

Sounds good to us!

( that is if I'm in town and not out building a new tiki bar somewhere)

Crazy Al and I have always wanted to go and hang out in the heat!!! What a cool way to hang for ITD! We'll totally have the place to ourselves!

You could name it,

Survival of the Tiki Fit-test's!!!

75% in.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 8:39 pm   Permalink

Rates are always the cheapest in August in Palm Springs. I think August is the best time. Since there are not many tourists around Caliente Tropics would be happy to accommodate us. I usually end up going there in August and it is great. It is really hot, 100-110 degrees or more but it the hot dry desert and it is nice. I will go if you guys go!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 09:56 am   Permalink

I think we need to figure out another date besides August 12th because I want to do ITD at Bongofury's. Sorry bout that!! I think summer is pretty much too busy!!! What do you guys think??

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 09:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-29 14:44, ookoo lady wrote:
Quote:

OK how about August 12th??

That's International Tiki Day. There may be an event planned for that day, although the person hasn't made an official announcement yet.
Maybe we should aim for September.

Looks like Bongofury has secured ITD for the Rincon Room.
Spermy, any other possible dates?
We have to do another New Years Eve party (which was a blast!) as well.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-30 09:57, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-29 14:44, ookoo lady wrote:
Quote:

OK how about August 12th??

That's International Tiki Day. There may be an event planned for that day, although the person hasn't made an official announcement yet.
Maybe we should aim for September.

Looks like Bongofury has secured ITD for the Rincon Room.
Spermy, any other possible dates?
We have to do another New Years Eve party (which was a blast!) as well.

I think your right Unga!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 12:49 pm   Permalink

I'll go at the drop of a sombrero...considering my family (who usually makes me vacation with them EVERY weekend-all year long!) has pretty muched bailed on us for every vacation idea we've tried to set up this year!
I've never been, so I'm lookin forward to it!
Name a weekend (or 2 or 6!) and I'll be there.
(See my signature if you need further explanation on my life view!)

PS to TikiTatt: Don't plan on any paintings of any large turds this Summer...!

[ This Message was edited by: Hau 'oli Tiki 2006-05-30 12:50 ]

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 1:26 pm   Permalink

i'm thinking of just going for the 4th of july. i have a 4 day paid weekend and don't have to use my vacation days. if anyone is interested in that, let me know. i'll hang out by the pool by myself, but i need someone to buy mai tais for.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2006-05-30 3:06 pm   Permalink

WoooHoooo! Keep your eyes open for more details of The TC Caliente Tropics Takeover...

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 3:32 pm   Permalink

WOOOHOOO!

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 7:55 pm   Permalink

I'm still lost on the "we are welcomed back" statement.
No offense of course, it just seems that some people are wanting a bit more info than ,hey ho, lets go.
The Management was very rude, disrespectful, shall I say assholes
before. I for one would like a public appology by them before I ever stepped foot on that property.
I know I'm kinda a newbie. But from what I heard about how they treaterd the old manager, and then acted towards Otto when trying to plan this years event.
I think everybody is to qucik to jump on the party bandwagon, and forget what happened before.
If they are all cool about it, and appologize,then that's one thing.
But to just say oh well and go back is kinda hypocritical in my book.

My 2 cents( which wont buy much)
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 8:42 pm   Permalink

Thats what several of us have been asking. Whats changed and how is it that we are "welcomed" back?

New info, new management, a phone discussion with the staff?

What is this key info that makes it all good?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 8:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-30 19:55, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm still lost on the "we are welcomed back" statement.
No offense of course, it just seems that some people are wanting a bit more info than ,hey ho, lets go.
The Management was very rude, disrespectful, shall I say assholes
before. I for one would like a public appology by them before I ever stepped foot on that property.
I know I'm kinda a newbie. But from what I heard about how they treaterd the old manager, and then acted towards Otto when trying to plan this years event.
I think everybody is to qucik to jump on the party bandwagon, and forget what happened before.
If they are all cool about it, and appologize,then that's one thing.
But to just say oh well and go back is kinda hypocritical in my book.

My 2 cents( which wont buy much)
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Biz is biz.

I'll say that we stayed there recently and it was
All Good!!!

We'll be there if I'm not out on an install.

If we're alone....no worries!!!

Caliente Tropics is a gem!!!

No matter who is in-charge.

Biz is biz.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 9:02 pm   Permalink

I agree with Bamboo Ben!!! "Biz is Biz" It's not my problem!!! I still like the Tropics!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation