FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Photos of Ladies at Tiki Establishment-IMAGE HEAVY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Photos of Ladies at Tiki Establishment-IMAGE HEAVY
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 08:56 am   Permalink

..damn...ther's just no foolin' you tiki geeks!!

arrrghhh! now let us get out to the pirates table and see what we can plunder to sell on ebay!!!! arrrrggghh!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 09:42 am   Permalink

Tikigreg, you win the tiki CSI award hands down. That is awesome forensic work. I really am quite impressed.

I found a handful of reviews for this place and it certainly sounds like you have nailed it. do we have anyone here from SD that can confirm this?

Also, could you try the same technique with that clear plastic stand up "specials" placard in pic #1? I'd be curious to see if any text can be pulled from it at all.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
touchythetiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-31 11:52 am   Permalink

Applaudes!!! sounds good to me!

View Profile of touchythetiki Send a personal message to touchythetiki  Email touchythetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 12:02 pm   Permalink

But that's assuming this is all right. Maybe that menu image is upside down. It seems good, but we may be reading into the images too much from what is assumed... I am not 100% convinced. I need to Photoshop that image myself and see what I can get out of it...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 12:08 pm   Permalink

I think a South Dakota TCer making a road trip is what we need. Shoot, it occurs to me that I know someone up there. It may take time, but I could make a phone call.

?

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

[ This Message was edited by: KuKuAhu 2006-05-31 12:09 ]

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:11 pm   Permalink

I cropped and tried cleaning up the pirate face some more, but this is the best I could do. It doesn't appear to reveal anymore clues.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:25 pm   Permalink

Well, now we have it: It's all a carefully planted hoax by Bamboo Ben!

...but really guys, great work! Reminds me of the Bladerunner scene with the holographic click-zooming into the photo.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 13:11, tikigreg wrote:
I cropped and tried cleaning up the pirate face some more, but this is the best I could do. It doesn't appear to reveal anymore clues.

Laff!

Fraternal Order of Moai

tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 2:43 pm   Permalink

OK, the ball is back in the California court! I called the Pirate's Table in South Dakota, and talked to Ron Beshara, son of the owner, Jim Beshara. Real nice guy that was happy to answer all my questions. I described the photos to him, with the mural and the menu. He said that the mural wasn't anything they had, and the menu was similar to an old one of their's, but he couldn't remember. So I mentioned that these photos were from 1970, and he said they've only been there since 1984.

Now for the money shot... Ron said the only other Pirate's Table he knew of was in Anaheim, possibly in the Holiday Inn. It was where his dad got the idea to open his place! So we have a connection to Disneyland as Matterhorn1959 originally posted!

I feel like friggin' Colombo! Arrrrr!!

OK, now it's up to you orange-eaters in Anaheim to take it and run!

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 2:49 pm   Permalink

..isn't there a drink in the grog log(first issue) from the pirates table in anaheim??

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 2:51 pm   Permalink

..maybe it was the captains table...any connection??

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 4:02 pm   Permalink

Sabu has a postcard (or brochure?) from that Holiday Inn, what I remember of it seems to match. Sabu?

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2006-05-31 16:03 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 4:19 pm   Permalink

okay, the hat grew up in anaheim and he says he sort of remembers a place like that. it was on Euclid and La Palma in Anaheim.

socal detectives, go for it!

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 7:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 05:39, Matterhorn1959 wrote:
I believe this group of ladies was with weight watchers or another similar group.

Mary Kay, perhaps? A restaurant is the least likely place to hold a Weight Watchers meeting.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 10:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 19:36, cynfulcynner wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 05:39, Matterhorn1959 wrote:
I believe this group of ladies was with weight watchers or another similar group.

Mary Kay, perhaps? A restaurant is the least likely place to hold a Weight Watchers meeting.

perhaps the .."mai tais templar".....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation