FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Photos of Ladies at Tiki Establishment-IMAGE HEAVY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Photos of Ladies at Tiki Establishment-IMAGE HEAVY
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 5:38 pm   Permalink

You all are just nuts - this thread just made me laugh and laugh! I am in awe of your detective work - you all deserve a Cap'n Crunch treasure chest for your efforts!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-15 2:19 pm   Permalink

Dang, only from 2006 and all the images are gone!

Sabu, is there any resemblance between the Anaheim Holiday Inn and THIS photo:

If so, this mysterious Polynesian hideaway started its life as a DOBB'S HOUSE in 1968: I found this lone photo and an invoice for decor in the Oceanic Arts archives last week. This would explain its fully decked-out interior: A Dobbs House outfitted by O.A.!

I don't recall an Anaheim location mentioned in the extensive list of Dobbs locations. Maybe this opened at the tail end of the company's existence? Does anyone know how long Dobbs Luau/Tiki House chain lasted? Swanky?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-12-15 2:56 pm   Permalink

That looks likes the Holiday in on my brochure, Sven. I think that's it.

I'll find my old photos and fix those links when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-31 9:51 pm   Permalink

Sven/Sabu - I just posted an architectural rendering of the exterior of this place over on my Tiki Architecture blog.

The rendering shows the Dobbs House Luau logo on the entrance canopy, which supports the invoice and photo Sven found at OA.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-01 01:27 am   Permalink

Wunnerful! Love it when the pieces of the puzzle come together! Mahalo to O.A., too, of course they were involved with the place, like any other Polynesian hideaway between Anaheim and Alaska. Ooh the pain of the ignorant drive-by, I know it well. Mahalo and Happy New Year, Mike !

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-01 10:55 pm   Permalink

Zulu Magoo,

Outstanding post on the Anaheim Dobbs House Luau, great find on the architectural renderings. Now Sabu needs to re-post the rest of those photos from the brochure.

Bigbro,

I will check for dates on my Dobb's House stuff to see if I can get some time-frames on the operation of the chain. It is odd that the Anaheim location never shows up on any of the advertising.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-17 4:07 pm   Permalink

Look what I just scored, and oversized postcard from the Holiday Inn at Disneyland!

Here is a close up of the building and Dobbs House restaurant entrance.

The restaurant interior.

And a mod looking hotel room, that's a lot of Orange!.

The purple shirt on the guy almost looks like one of the old Tiki Room host shirts.

Cool!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-10 07:58 am   Permalink

I found another double postcard mailer from the Holiday Inn at Disneyland.

This one has a photo of the Ships Lounge

Another way-out room.

The pool scene (what's with the guy in the back with slacks and no shirt?)

Rendering of the brand new Convention Center and Angel Stadium.

Back of the card.

I also found an image of Sabu's original brochure page.

Sure wish the original photos from Matterhorn that started this thread were still here.

DC

JackLord
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 10:28 am   Permalink

Man, that Holiday Inn is so cool. How many people would look at that, snicker, and declare it dated. Yet it looks better than most places today.

Thanks for posting it.

View Profile of JackLord Send a personal message to JackLord      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation