Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Exotica 90--Martin Denny
Exotica 90--Martin Denny
new2tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:06 pm   Permalink

Anyone heard of or have this CD? I've searched a bunch of online record retailers, and no one has any listings for it. Is it worth the search? Any ideas where to look?

Mahalo,

Scott

[ This Message was edited by: new2tiki 2006-05-31 11:59 ]

View Profile of new2tiki Send a personal message to new2tiki  Email new2tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 03:57 am   Permalink

Good luck finding a copy. It is definitely worth searching out though. It is a Japanese only release that does include some vocals on a few tracks by a Japanese singer. This is its only downfall. The intrumentals are incredible though and these are also the last recordings with Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman playing together! Even Harold Chang and Julius Wechter are on this disc as well. The sound quality is excellent! Highly Recommended!!!

Your best bet on locating one would be on eBay.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 8:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 03:57, Jeff Central wrote:
Good luck finding a copy. It is definitely worth searching out though. It is a Japanese only release that does include some vocals on a few tracks by a Japanese singer. This is its only downfall. The intrumentals are incredible though and these are also the last recordings with Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman playing together! Even Harold Chang and Julius Wechter are on this disc as well. The sound quality is excellent! Highly Recommended!!!

Wow this is an old thread. I just got off the phone with Christina Denny, and she urged me to find a copy too. If anyone has one that they'd like to share with yours truly, I'd be most indebted. I'm told the songs "Mayumi" and "June (When Love Was Young" are ones to look for.

-Randy

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 6:10 pm   Permalink

Anybody still looking for this disc ? I've located two .

Let me know .

Sushi

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation