FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 6:22 pm   Permalink

I am so pleased to officially announce Hukilau 2006! I am also so proud to welcome my co-Producer this year Mr. Casey Jones!!! He has been so dedicated to the event for 3 solid years that he of course is an obvious choice!

This year’s Hukilau is very special — we are celebrating both the Hukilau’s fifth year, and also 50 amazing years of the legendary Mai-Kai in Ft. Lauderdale! The party will span four days, from Thursday, October 5 through Sunday, October 8, 2006.

Festivities include:

*Special musical performance by Billy Mure & APE, together on one stage
*Italy’s I Belli di Waikiki & their alter ego Los Terribles de Tijuana
*Special presentations by Tiki luminaries such as The Book of Tiki author Sven Kirsten and Grog Log author Jeff “Beachbum” Berry
*A Tiki Bazaar full of fantastic vendors
*A special exhibit showcasing never-before-seen photos and memorabilia from the Mai-Kai’s archives
*Of course, a magical evening spent at the Mai-Kai itself
*.......and so much more, it’ll make your head spin!
*And for the big surprise, stay for Sunday - you won't want to miss it (TBA)!!

*****Plus get ready for the Official Hukilau 2006 Tiki mug by Munktiki!!!!

To get all the details about this exciting event check out the website for yourself at...

The Hukilau

Vendors should sign up very very soon as we have extremely limited space this year in order to offer the best merchandise to all of our guests!

We can’t wait to see you this October in Ft. Lauderdale!

And my overwhelming thanks to Humuhumu - you are one in a million!!!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 7:41 pm   Permalink

HUKI HUKI HUKI LAU!!!!

great site.

Barnboof Ben, meet you in the Cabana pool at 4am on Wednesday.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 7:50 pm   Permalink

Looks like this will be one awesome event. The site looks great and was well worth the wait.

See everyone in October!!! Aloha

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 8:00 pm   Permalink

I am so there!! I'm not sure if I completely understand how the tickets work. Will the Aloha Pass get you everywhere, Thurs-Sat, except the seminars, or is the Mai Kai show a different ticket altogether?

I can't wait!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 20:00, finkdaddy wrote:
I am so there!! I'm not sure if I completely understand how the tickets work. Will the Aloha Pass get you everywhere, Thurs-Sat, except the seminars, or is the Mai Kai show a different ticket altogether?

I can't wait!

I hope Kiliki won't mind my answering on her behalf... she had a long day today!

You're exactly right on the Aloha Pass -- it's a weekend pass, and the seminar tickets are purchased separately. You can buy a weekend pass *with* seminar tickets as the Big Kahuna pass.

No ticket is required for the Mai Kai, you just have to call the Mai Kai and make dinner reservations for that night.

Hope that helps!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2006-06-01 20:12 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 8:36 pm   Permalink

Safari problem solved...

Reset and cache cleared... bingo! Website works!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-06-01 21:11 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 8:40 pm   Permalink

SWEET!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 9:00 pm   Permalink

<<The website doesn't work on Safari>>

It worked for me and I use Safari exclusively.
Tiger vs. Panther maybe?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mike the Headhunter
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 9:42 pm   Permalink

Thank you, tiki_kiliki...I was just wondering when my trip to the mai kai should occur.

View Profile of Mike the Headhunter Send a personal message to Mike the Headhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 02:16 am   Permalink

Kiliki! Awesome! Simply Awesome!
Your lineup of Co-Producer, Coordinators and Designer is fantastic! All really great people that I'm sure will give you 1000%!

I will be there, no if's, and's or but's! I can't wait to see everyone and also to see what Munktiki's got in store for the mug!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MobileTikiBar
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-02 05:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 18:22, tiki_kiliki wrote:
I am so pleased to officially announce Hukilau 2006!

Excellent! I'm booking our stuff. One item to note: I tried to purchase four tickets, but the pull-down only permits two to be purchased. Will I need to create two separate login ids to handle booking four people?

-adrian

View Profile of MobileTikiBar Send a personal message to MobileTikiBar  Goto the website of MobileTikiBar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 06:38 am   Permalink

Mobiletikibar - contact Casey Jones, he's my co-Producer and can assist you with purchases of 2 or more tickets. His email address is located on the Hukilau website - see you in October!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 08:31 am   Permalink

Is Robert Drasnin out this year? --or will he be a last-minute surprise?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 08:46 am   Permalink

Thanks for asking about Robert Drasnin!

The Hukliau 2005s presentation of Robert Drasnin was a ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT. It was highly, highly unusual for Mr. Drasnin to perform at all. Mr. Drasnin's performance is an example of why The Hukilau is so special and why The Hukilau is an annual must-do. The line-up changes from year-to-year and we consistently offer "first and only" or "once in a lifetime" entertainment and/or attractions.

Mahalo!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 08:59 am   Permalink

This year the "once and only" looks to be APE with Billy Mure. Maybe next year it could be Fisherman with another icon from the past!

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation