FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-06 09:27 am   Permalink

I am also all booked and ticketed, and my current excitement level almost has me packing my suitcase, 4 months before my actual departure date.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 11:06 am   Permalink

It will be really good to see you again Vern. Four months will go by FAST!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 6:23 pm   Permalink

We're in!!!!!!!!! All reservations booked and tickets purchased. Little Miss Martini will be there too because Yankee Clipper accepts pets, YEAH!!!! I'm really looking forward to Jeff's and Geoff's presentations.

Humuhumu, love the check list and note pad., it's a great addition to the site.

so, what's in store for Sunday?

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 6:47 pm   Permalink

Booked, booked & booked.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 6:48 pm   Permalink

Sunday will be announced very soon!! I'll be informing everyone after I return from London.

Bree - good to hear that you and Tristan are joining us and of course Martini!!!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-06-06 18:48 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-06 8:59 pm   Permalink

That is so Tiki Kiliki.......looking out for everyone including the pets!! Glad to hear Martini will be on location TK, I hope you have a fantastic time at the London Luau..

Karbora

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 12:52 pm   Permalink

Fellow TCers!

We're keeping our eyes open for air fare sales and deals, for you to get to The Hukilau 2006. Here's one that just started today and is good through November 15! Cut and paste the url.

$49-$99 -- Ft. Lauderdale from 9 Cities
http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?ld=100243398
Source: Spirit Airlines

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 2:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha and Heads Up!

There are now just 20 of the Big Kahuna Passes remaining for The Hukilau 2006. These are the deeply discounted passes which give you complete access throughout the weekend (the Mai-Kai is still a separate, stand-alone event).

If you miss out on the Big Kahuna, you can still purchase the Aloha Pass, and buy seminar tickets (if available) separately.

Beachbum Berry's Mixology Seminar is almost sold-out!

Mahalo!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 6:05 pm   Permalink

booked flight and hotel
figuring on passes as will not get there til Friday afternoon (so we'll see whats best maybe a day pass for Friday and 1 for Saturday plus Witco lecture) - Plannin on first show Mai Kai and stayin late. Stop by the Ocean Manor Beach (Orbitz.com hotel - they have good flights too) and check out their tiki bar and Freddie Ballsomic - oh yeah I'll be there too!

How many months? 4?
Go APE!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-07 8:30 pm   Permalink

I see some have booked the Clipper and some have booked the Cabana. Where's the REAL party people staying? I want to drink and jam all night! I'm betting on the Cabana and I'm booked already. TK, Humu, I Dream Of, Tikilish, and all you TC Vets: where are you staying?

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 8:50 pm   Permalink

Well myself, I'm staying at the Clipper because I enjoy my beauty sleep! But, you have the right idea, the Cabana is most definitely the late night after party spot.

Most of this years events will be held at the Clipper but the Cabana is a favorite for lunch and dinner daily!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-06-08 01:51 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 8:55 pm   Permalink

Right-O, Ukulare!

The historic Yankee Clipper is a member of Starwood Hotels, and thus, just "slightly" more sophisticated than the Days Inn Bahia Cabana. I think the wooden benches and tables at the Cabana are designed to take a little more of that spring break ruff-and-tumble that has made Ft. Lauderale such a memorable destination for so many.

Mahalo!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 01:15 am   Permalink

The Clipper & the Cabana are right next to each other, so it doesn't really matter -- as a matter of fact, the Cabana actually has many of its rooms in two satellite buildings across the street from the main building, so many who will be staying "at" the Cabana will in reality be about as far/near as the Clipper. I have every intention of being at the parties into the very wee, wee hours, but I'll be stumbling home to the Clipper across the street. Those full-size ironing boards are seriously a major attraction for me.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 09:36 am   Permalink

Booked and Ready!

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Tiki 2006-06-08 09:36 ]

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 2:31 pm   Permalink

Hi all - in the interest of finding cheap airfare I thought I'd share my source for usually finding the best rates:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/

You can't buy tickets through this site but it usually finds better deals than Expedia etc... Just find the flight there and head over to the airlines site and you should see the rate quoted. It pointed me over to Spirit last week and I pulled down RT NS tickets from Providence to Fort Lauderdale for a total of $171 (and I got the exact times I wanted too). Not too shabby.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation