FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 3:38 pm   Permalink

I just called the Bahia and there were only TWO rooms left! One smoking, one non. I took the non, so if anyone wants to stay there call NOW NOW NOW!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-12 08:35 am   Permalink

I think I got the last Big Kahuna pass! This will be my third Hukilau.

Each year we try and coerce another couple to the scene so we can propagate the tiki species. This year I would like to try and enrich myself and meet more people. I will admit that it can be intimidating in that some of the circles seem tight and have a long history. I am hitting the forums more and will attempt to be interesting enough to warrant a Howdy. Thanks Tiki Kiliki, if you need any help Th. or Fri. at Hukilau you need only ask.
I hope to meet some of you at the SF Crawl, I'll be the guy with a camera and the Italian sidekick.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-16 07:56 am   Permalink

The Bahia Cabana informed me today that are now sold out for Hukilau 2006. The entire hotel is to be taken over by all Hukilau attendees! That's right, every room at the Bahia Cabana, even their satellite buildings across the street are filled with our group. Should be a good time!

Of course, rooms are still available at the
Yankee Clipper but we are close to selling out. There's nothing like being at one of the host hotels so BOOK NOW and be a part of the weekend!

And for those who have not yet attended Hukilau, the Yankee Clipper and the Bahia Cabana are just across the street from one another so you can stumble back to your room after visiting with someone or attending one of the many after parties at 4am.

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-07-16 07:57 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-25 7:47 pm   Permalink

Just bought my tix. I tried to go last year, but had to work. THis year the hubby and I will actually make it (saturday only).

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
touchythetiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-01 12:05 pm   Permalink

WooHooo, got my tickets today! And fyi if you have military discount try it out at the yankee clipper, get good discount:D

View Profile of touchythetiki Send a personal message to touchythetiki  Email touchythetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 8:16 pm   Permalink

The Mai Kai informed me today that the 1st Dinner Show has now been closed for reservations. They only have a little over 50 seats remaining for the 2nd show and we will not be booking a 3rd so that we may bring you a special performance that will be announced very soon!

Make your reservations today by calling 954-563-3272

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 9:50 pm   Permalink

Oh wow! How time flies! Why didn't anybody tell me that it's August ALREADY?!?! When did THIS HAPPEN?!?!? *hehe!*

We are bummed to miss out on the first show, but that's what we get for loosing track of time and waiting too long to reserve our spots. Sorry TK!

We will call tomorrow and reserve our spots for the second show ASAP. Thank you for the friendly reminder! As you know, I'm a little slow and need lots of remindin'.

Love you!

XOXO,
Lenore (and Stev too!)

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 2:07 pm   Permalink

60 days to go (and counting)...

Yeeeee-Hawwwwwwwwwwww!!!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MobileTikiBar
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-08 9:28 pm   Permalink

We're ready, everything is booked!! Can't wait for October to arrive!

-adrian

View Profile of MobileTikiBar Send a personal message to MobileTikiBar  Goto the website of MobileTikiBar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bungy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-09 12:19 pm   Permalink

RE: The Hukilau 2006 poster. She has on the hula skirt I was given in 1955, by a Tahitain family in Tahiti, when I was crewing aboard the 134' Te Vega and we were pulling out of the harbor on our way to Moorea!! How dare her!! I should look so good!!! "Those were the days , my friends,....! Auntie B

View Profile of bungy Send a personal message to bungy  Email bungy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 09:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-09 12:19, bungy wrote:
RE: The Hukilau 2006 poster. She has on the hula skirt I was given in 1955, by a Tahitain family in Tahiti, when I was crewing aboard the 134' Te Vega and we were pulling out of the harbor on our way to Moorea!! How dare her!! I should look so good!!! "Those were the days , my friends,....! Auntie B

Another fantastic story! In case you haven't seen the undoctored photo that poster comes from Auntie B, here 'tis...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-11 2:04 pm   Permalink

hum-a-nuh, hum-a-nuh!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 5:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

We are almost SOLD OUT once again for the 2nd Beachbum Berry seminar on Sunday, October 8, 2006. Only 20 tickets remain for this encore class that will uncover secrets and fine tune the art of Mixology! For a full description on this seminar, check out Jeff "Beachbum" Berry's bio under Special Guests on the
Hukilau website!

Start the Hukilau weekend off as we celebrate in South American style! For one night only, we will transform the Bahia Cabana into the Bahia Cantina for a Tiki Fiesta Extravaganza! Los Terribles De Tijuana ( I Belli Di Waikiki's alter ego) will take the stage with Pep Torres from Hollywood, CA (pictured below). Selector Lopaka will provide some CHA-CHA-CHA tunes between sets for us to mambo, salsa and limbo to! Hukilau will provide the maracas and enough madness for everyone. Don't miss the Tiki pinata poolside!

Just 5 weeks to go to the largest Tiki event on the East Coast! Plus - Munktiki mug to begin pre-sells VERY SOON - check the website for the preview!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
http://www.TheHukilau.com

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-08-28 17:06 ]

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 10:19 am   Permalink

Every year something very special happens to make Hukilau a memorable event. This year some might find it's one of our many historic seminars, the LIVE Tiki Carving on Fort Lauderdale Beach or the Beach Bum Berry Mixology Seminars. For some, it might be the appearance of an exotic mermaid that will once again dance in the waters at the Yankee Clipper!

When the Yankee Clipper first opened in 1956, mermaids were employed and swam at scheduled times during the day to be viewed through the porthole windows in the Wreck Bar on the ground level while hipsters and tourists of the day sipped on cocktails. Hukilau will make history as the first time since 1962, a mermaid can once again be seen through those same windows on Friday, October 6, 2006 at 5:00pm sharp. The mermaid is just as special as the event itself, a Hukilau veteran - Bre-elle Ishtar. Some of you might remember Bre-elle as one of our event coordinators in 2003 along with her most talented husband Tristan. Come and enjoy this historic event!

Here's a picture of Bre-elle in the costume she will wear in October:

Just 4 short weeks away to the Tiki event of the year!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-09-06 10:20 ]

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 10:19 am   Permalink

*LIVE* Tiki Carving to Showcase America’s Top Carvers!!
An update on our Hukilau 2006 Live Tiki Carving Demonstration: Word has gotten out and apparently we now have an all-star who’s who free-for-all of some of the country’s favorite Tiki carvers showing up for the 2 hour-or-so demo on Fort Lauderdale Beach on the deck behind the Yankee Clipper!

None other than Danny “Diablo” Gallardo, Basement Kahuna, Ken “Keigs” Pleasant (the new Witco master!), Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al Evans, Lake Surfer, and now Mr. Wayne Coombs & Benzart (in attendance but won’t be carving - that’s what they say anyway!) will each be giving it a few minutes on the tiki! Any time you get these guys together it’s a blast, and multiplied tenfold when it’s on Fort Lauderdale Beach! So if you’re into tiki carving and want to meet some of the best in America and capture a rare moment in time, they’ll be there!

Live Tiki Carving to take place beachside on the new Yankee Clipper deck from 3:00pm - 5:00pm Friday October 6, 2006! Don’t miss it!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation