FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 11:09 am   Permalink

Lake Surfer,

Thanks for posting this on Tiki Central as well. Haven't checked yet but I believe BK posted this in the Carving Forum but the more the merrier!!

Looking forward to seeing you at Hukilau 2006!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-07 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-06 10:19, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Every year something very special happens to make Hukilau a memorable event. This year some might find it's one of our many historic seminars, the LIVE Tiki Carving on Fort Lauderdale Beach or the Beach Bum Berry Mixology Seminars. For some, it might be the appearance of an exotic mermaid that will once again dance in the waters at the Yankee Clipper!

When the Yankee Clipper first opened in 1956, mermaids were employed and swam at scheduled times during the day to be viewed through the porthole windows in the Wreck Bar on the ground level while hipsters and tourists of the day sipped on cocktails. Hukilau will make history as the first time since 1962, a mermaid can once again be seen through those same windows on Friday, October 6, 2006 at 5:00pm sharp. The mermaid is just as special as the event itself, a Hukilau veteran - Bre-elle Ishtar. Some of you might remember Bre-elle as one of our event coordinators in 2003 along with her most talented husband Tristan. Come and enjoy this historic event!

Here's a picture of Bre-elle in the costume she will wear in October:

Just 4 short weeks away to the Tiki event of the year!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-09-06 10:20 ]

That is so.................AWESOME!!!!

Bree looks absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!

Four more weeks from today!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-07 8:14 pm   Permalink

Bre-elle as a mermaid -- Fantastic!

Hukilau has come a long way from its early years. Back in 2003, I was in the Wreck Bar late one evening with others, waiting for the mermaids to appear, but this arrived instead.

Fortunately, the bar was well stocked, and our temptations were soon directed towards the drinks rather than the sea creature behind the porthole window.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev

Posted: 2006-09-07 8:34 pm   Permalink

Since we are talking about the Wreck Bar, I thought I would share with you this record LP I purchased in Pittsburgh last month - 'The Unpredictable Bonnie Anderson Wrecks 'The Wreck ' - recorded live at the Wreck Bar at the Yankee Clipper hotel - site of Hukilau and live mermaid appearances! (a search on Tiki Central shows that JonPez and TraderPup own this LP too!)

This is mainly a comedy album, with many risque jokes and songs - although Bonnie does sing the Hukilau song! To make the LP even better, it was personally autographed by Bonnie on Feb 28, 1978

Here are some closeups of the front cover, and a photo of the Yankee Clipper from the back cover.

Less than a month to Hukialu .... let the fun times continue!

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev 2006-09-07 20:35 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-10 8:48 pm   Permalink

What are the chances that a Florida local (who looks like Breelle!) would just happen to have a very glam mermaid costume. Not to mention that she is a tikiphile from way back. Here's to the 50th! I will be there at 5pm to share in this special tribute............

Karbora

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 9:17 pm   Permalink

I remeber that night and have had nightmares ever since!!!

The curse of Big Al Jones Locker!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 7:59 pm   Permalink

The Mai Kai dinner shows are officially sold out. If you would like to have dinner only you can make a reservation and they will bump you into the show if there is a cancellation.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 5:41 pm   Permalink

King: Let's get this party started right!

Squire: Your Majesty, there are still 3 weeks to go!

King: Aw, come on!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-09-17 6:43 pm   Permalink

booked our airfare--zazz!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 10:19 pm   Permalink

Hey!

I got my Waitiki email update tonight and, in it, read that the guys are headed down to Ft. Lauderdale to perform at the Mai Kai for Hukilau. Can it be? Is it true?

A quick check on the Tiki Central Tiki Music forum confirms it. Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Hukilau 06 just keeps gettin' better an' better! I am getting SO EXCITED!

[ This Message was edited by: Traitor Vic 2006-09-19 22:25 ]

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 05:41 am   Permalink

It's true or else my name isn't Paris Hilton! Can't wait to see everyone, hear everyone, and sacrifice some local produce on stage. tMox is currently investigating the local watermelon crop.

DOn't forget to check out the 9/27 webcast; you can even rent a commercial spot!

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stoked

Posted: 2006-09-24 8:50 pm   Permalink

Greetings & Salutations Mister Ho,
You guys playing at the Maikai?
Regards,
Stoked
(New Jersey in the Hut!)

[ This Message was edited by: stoked 2006-09-24 20:59 ]

View Profile of stoked Send a personal message to stoked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-24 9:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Partial Crazy Al sighting on the left side I think!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation