[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki the lucky tiki painting Stolen keep an eye out
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
the lucky tiki painting Stolen keep an eye out
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 9:53 pm   Permalink

Krappy news ... The lucky Tiki painting I did for the bar got jacked... It was taken right off the wall but no body notest who took it. It must have been on a night with no door man or sumthin. If any body sees it out there let me know..mahalo...kirby
it looks like this

Kirby's Gallery

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2006-06-01 21:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2006-06-01 21:59 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 05:29 am   Permalink

Bummer. That is a sort of back-handed compliment though (art thieves make me think of Robert Wagner). What I wonder about is: How can they display it? What's the point of having a painting that you can't hang up? Go figure. If they'd just parted with a bit of cash, they could say "Hey, look at the piece of art I just bought..." Low-lifes are everywhere.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 06:01 am   Permalink

...who says they want to keep it?? they'll probably try to sell it, but not on ebay.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 07:00 am   Permalink

The Scream is stolen at the moment, but there is four of them. Lets see if they try and sell it, that would be stupid.

Hey, Thieves, if you can get it back on the wall, we will wave the head hunting party.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 09:42 am   Permalink

WTF is wrong with people? That's a bummer Kirby. I hope it turns up. My fingers are crossed.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 09:55 am   Permalink

Man that sucks. I have had art stolen from public and semi-public places at least five times. It is a great piece and I hope you get it back soon.

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 10:49 am   Permalink

..kirby, i hope the lucky tiki paid you for that piece!! if so, it's their problem now....if not, lesson learned.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 8:24 pm   Permalink

There problem or not, an artist's honor is to see their work in public places for all to enjoy and to see their "children" from time to time.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 8:36 pm   Permalink

Hopefully bad juju will fall upon the rotten scoundrle(sp?) who did this. I say track them down and throw them in the Volcano.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-06-02 21:43 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 12:09 am   Permalink

Man that sucks! But yeh, I agree it is a backhanded compliment.

Hopefully the piece gives the thieves hell

You gonna get something else in there?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bobby Peru
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-03 01:24 am   Permalink

Thats some seriously bad karma those p*^%k's are messin with. not to mention the wrath of TCers world wide.

bob

[ This Message was edited by: Bobby Peru 2006-06-03 01:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bobby Peru 2006-06-03 01:27 ]

View Profile of Bobby Peru Send a personal message to Bobby Peru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 12:04 pm   Permalink

I'm so sorry to hear about this!

It's extra sad to think of all the people that won't be able to enjoy your fantastic painting Kirby

I hope it makes a speedy return! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 10:02 pm   Permalink

LAME...

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 11:11 pm   Permalink

Yikes! I feel bad for both you and the bar Kirby. I've been to the Lucky Tiki a few times, so I have seen it before. When this kind of crap happens to you, it makes you really wonder what is wrong with people!?!?! I hope the painting gets recovered and the perps get what they deserve.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wolli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-06 6:44 pm   Permalink

That's a big shame !!!
I think someone told me that someone stole one of Squid Freaky Tikis, too.

It's soo bad that some people don't respect other people's belongings.

It's a great painting. I love it !!! You done an awesome work, Kirby

[ This Message was edited by: Wolli 2006-06-06 18:45 ]

View Profile of Wolli Send a personal message to Wolli  Goto the website of Wolli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation