FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » New Painting Series *7-18 Progress Update-page 2 Plus the carvings that inspired the paintings!*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Painting Series *7-18 Progress Update-page 2 Plus the carvings that inspired the paintings!*
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-04 10:49 am   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments and interest Sperm Whale! I started this series for a show that I will be doing in Ventura sometime this summer. I don't have a solid date yet but I'll keep you posted! I also plan on being in my second Tikis and Terrors show at the astuART gallery in August and hopefully the Lucky TIki will be having some more shows too! Love showing at that place! When I finish these pieces I am also going to start making the really nice Giclee prints......I have access to a place that can reproduce my paintins full size! That could be interesting! We'll see where this goes!

Thanks again!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 05:28 am   Permalink

Hey man, that's some very nice stuff. Your lighting in the paintings makes 'em! And yes, I agree with most everyone else—that fountain painting has "it."

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 10:06 am   Permalink

Well, here is a sneak peek behind the scenes of one of my new paintings.......I usually don't want to show them until they are further along but, since we get to see the progress on carvings, I thought it might be interesting to see the creative process concerning a painting! So, here is a small part of a painting that will evolve much over time!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 11:01 am   Permalink

That's awesome-very moody-makes me wanna scream wih delight!

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 1:06 pm   Permalink

Ooo very nice! I really like the whole tranquil night time feel of this. Oh, is that The Screamer I see?

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 12:35 am   Permalink

here are the inspirations for the latest paintings.......I carved these guys from a piece of driftwood my friend gave me

an update of my current painting......progress has been on the slow side lately

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 10:07 pm   Permalink

man are those paintings wicked. i really like them all. good job and good luck on future pieces. keep them comming

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 07:34 am   Permalink

Hey sbpn, thanks for including us in your process. I'm really digging the painting and the carvings!

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 10:46 am   Permalink

Hey suburban pagan!
Great work! The fountain one on page one and that third one with the lines are my favorites....until you finish this latest one.You capture that night vibe with all of its shadows and stillness! Keep up the great work!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 10:03 am   Permalink

thanks everybody.....I really appreciate it!

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 10:03 am   Permalink

thanks everybody.....I really appreciate it!

ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-21 7:44 pm   Permalink

Hey SP! Just saw the new updates, very awesome!!! Keep up the good work!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation