FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » The Official Tiki Central's 'Hijack This Thread" Thread.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
The Official Tiki Central's 'Hijack This Thread" Thread.
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-25 12:45 pm   Permalink

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 4:17 pm   Permalink

For Liloti...

I was looking for a job and then I found a job
    and heaven knows I'm miserable now...

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2010-06-16 1:51 pm   Permalink

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-16 2:06 pm   Permalink

That fudge looks as though it's been nicely packed.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-16 8:27 pm   Permalink

Check out pictures of Lisa Petrucci's home with some tikis:
http://www.seattledreamhomes.com/PageManager/Default.aspx/PageID=1352444&NF=1

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 10:13 am   Permalink

Put ZAZZ in your pants and WALK WITH A SMILE!

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 8:57 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 9:15 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 11:01 pm   Permalink

The Thread:

Time for OktoberFIST 2010!!

The Post:

Like beer?
Like milking cows?
How 'bout sawing logs?
Drinking beer?
Holding beer steins?
Dancing like a chicken?
Eating sausages, pretzels and sauerkraut?
How 'bout drinking beer?
Got a dirndl or lederhosen just hanging in your closet begging to be worn?
How 'bout any other 'non-traditional' headwear that you just can't wear anywhere else?
Like being in an environment where public drunken behavior is not only permitted, but encouraged?
(BONUS: Do you know what "electrolysis" has to do with any of this?)

If you answered YES to any/all of these questions, well, hold on to your keg-hat and styrofoam stein my friend, because the time has come! Yep, I drive by it every day - the tent is up!!

The Opening Night of Alpine Village Oktoberfest is Friday, September 10, and it continues every weekend (Fris & Sats, 6-1, Sunday 'Family Day' from noon - 7) until October 24.

The A.V. website doesn't have a link for free admission coupons anymore, but you can now buy your admission as an advance e-ticket, saving you (literally) hours of waiting to get in! If you're interested in going at any point, just post here and we can set things in motion!

Aloha wear required. Raccoon-head hats and/or pharoah head-dresses optional.

OktoberFIST: A TikiCentral tradition since 2002!

The reply:

Like beer?

Yes.

Like milking cows?

No interest really. But I milked goats when I was a kid (no pun intended). It was OK. Can't say I liked it.

How 'bout sawing logs?

If you mean sleep, yeah. Actually cutting wood I don't mind but it's never on my Fun Things To Do! lists.

Drinking beer?

Didn't we already cover this?

Holding beer steins?

I do if they're full of beer (which I like drinking, see above). But just holding a beer stein for the sake of holding a beer stein does nothing for me.

Dancing like a chicken?

No.

Eating sausages, pretzels and sauerkraut?

Yes.

How 'bout drinking beer?

Never heard of it.

Got a dirndl or lederhosen just hanging in your closet begging to be worn?

No. But I have a Rockmount tie with a picture of a cowboy riding the range on it which I've never worn.

How 'bout any other 'non-traditional' headwear that you just can't wear anywhere else?

All my "headwear" is traditional and I wear it when and where I want.

Like being in an environment where public drunken behavior is not only permitted, but encouraged?

Yes to the first one, no to the second.

(BONUS: Do you know what "electrolysis" has to do with any of this?)

No bonus points for me.

If you answered YES to any/all of these questions, well, hold on to your keg-hat and styrofoam stein my friend, because the time has come! Yep, I drive by it every day - the tent is up!!

STYROFOAM™ is a registered trademark for a line of foam products manufactured exclusively by The Dow Chemical Company. They ask that you follow these guidelines when specifying STYROFOAM Brand Foam:

* When the word "STYROFOAM" appears in copy, it should be in upper case letters and followed by the words "Brand Foam." For example:

STYROFOAM Brand Foam

* The preferred method to denote that STYROFOAM Brand Foam is a trademark is to follow its first use in any document with the ™ mark, and the corresponding trademark footnote should read "®™*Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow" For example:

STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow

* If the format does not permit use of the trademark footnote, then a ™ mark should be used after the word "STYROFOAM":

STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam

* Because it is a registered trademark, STYROFOAM cannot be used as an adjective. It is incorrect to say "Three 1-inch STYROFOAM Brand Foam balls." Instead, use "Three 1-inch balls of STYROFOAM Brand Foam."

Hey, that ain't me, that's Dow.

Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-18 8:11 pm   Permalink

So anyway, when Devo gets back together, they should do an exotica album.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 01:18 am   Permalink

Once some years back I was at a downtown Seattleville bus stop. There were a dozen or so other people there as well.

A disheveled street person looking guy walked up to the bus stop and asked the first person he came on if he had change for a dollar. The guy said no and the street person looking guy went to the next person and asked the same thing. Everyone he asked said no.

He then asked me. I think I actually had change for a dollar but I used my change to ride the bus. I also knew it was common panhandler schtick to ask for change and when you get the money out they hit you with their sob story and instead of wanting to make change they want you to give your change to them.

So when the street person looking guy asked me I too said no. There was one last person past me, the street person looking guy asked if they had change for a dollar, the person said no.

Then the street person looking guy turned and yelled at the top of his lungs "F-- you assh--s! All I wanted was change for a dollar and you assh--s wouldn't help! You f--rs can all go f-- yourselves! F-- you! F-- you all!" Then he stormed off.

I watched him go and said to the guy next to me "Gee, now I feel bad that I didn't give him change."

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 08:56 am   Permalink

An Adam magazine cover posted by martian-tiki in the The Retro Magazine Covers and Articles thread

Pointy lady parts aside, is that a young Donald Trump on the cover?

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-19 3:37 pm   Permalink

Golden arches are NOT TIKI!!!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-21 10:05 am   Permalink

I love Ranger cookies and just recently came across this recipe for them!

Ranger Cookies

Ingredients

* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup flaked coconut
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup shortening
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups crisp rice cereal
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Cream shortening, add sugar gradually. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together and mix with the first mixture. Add oatmeal, rice cereal, and coconut. Mix well.
4. Drop by tablespoons on slightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 10:25 pm   Permalink

"I was only a kid in the 70s and I knew they sucked. "

I thought the 70s were just fine when I was a kid. But in the 80s with punk and "new wave" I hated the 70s. Hate turned to indifference, indifference became amusement, and now I have an appreciation for the 70s and think most aspect of the 80s sucked.

Television and movies were better in the 70s than the 80s. Literature was definitely better. And while I could never pin down one decade's music as better than another's the 70s were the last decade of diverse pop radio when one could hear country, bubble gum, disco, crooners, soul, rock, and funk played on the same station.

I still can't appreciate 70s mens fashion or hair, but it was no worse than galaxy wash jeans and Bono mullets. And while 70s interiors provided many things to laugh at they were still cooler than 80s country charm or beige and gray neutrality.

I've never seen E.T.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation