FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Lucky Tiki Sunday Nights (6/11)Who's gonna go...t
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Lucky Tiki Sunday Nights (6/11)Who's gonna go...t
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-04 4:02 pm   Permalink

I just heard that the lucky tiki wont be closing any time soon.So lets make this summer as good as last and come on down on sunday nights. Dj lee will be there spinning his tunes plus the most awsomest tiki drink maker in the world suzy. So come on out and have atikirifik fun time, at the lucky tiki on sunday nights...

Kirby's Gallery

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2006-06-07 15:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2006-06-11 14:18 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-04 11:41 pm   Permalink

I heartily agree. Suzy is a great bartender and always serves with a smile! Atomic and I do encourage all we know to frequent this fine establishment. DJ Lee also adds greatly to the festive atmosphere on Sunday nights.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GiantRobotTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-05 01:50 am   Permalink

I can attest to this by having to spend a night in the dumpster in the back. Smooth but potent grogs. Nice dumpster with a sunroof too by the way.

View Profile of GiantRobotTiki Send a personal message to GiantRobotTiki  Email GiantRobotTiki Goto the website of GiantRobotTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 3:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Kirby, all,
Does the LT have any events planned for the summer?
Like another Tiki Art expo....
what's the story on the no move?

I like the place alot, and went there a bit last summer, but it's just so damn far for drinks(though pretty good).
I need an event to entice me to comin up.
Sorry. Gas prices are killing me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s.
if it happens, lets do Safari room or BBQ at Hoggly wogglys before hand.

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-06-05 15:41 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 4:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Big Tiki Dude,
Suzy told me the art shows are on hold until after the move. Unfortunately, I did not ask when the move was gonna take place. I would like to make another trip down there for an art show.

Laters,
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 4:24 pm   Permalink

move? where the hell have I been?

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 4:27 pm   Permalink

Here's the low-down on the move, as of February... don't know what the latest word is:

http://blog.humuhumu.com/2006/02/13/lucky-tiki-moving-in-october

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 4:57 pm   Permalink

As of last thursday I was told that the are not going to move this year. The people who purchased the property have givin them an extention. And from the info i recieved they probly wont have to move for a couple years. But dont take this info as the gospel becous things may change.I will let you know if i hear anything new...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 5:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the lowdown!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 3:36 pm   Permalink

A BIG MAHALO TO ALL AT TIKI CENTRAL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT OF SUNDAYS AT THE LUCKY TIKI!!!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all personally for making Sundays at the Lucky Tiki so very special and memorable. It has been such a treat meeting many of you, and getting to know you and call you friends.

Thank you for your loyal patronage over the last year and a half, as well as your enthusiasm, and your THIRST FOR TIKI!!!

It has truly been a pleasure to mix drinks for you!!!

THANK YOU to EVERYONE who attended and participated in The Lucky Tiki Art Shows! There are so many talented tiki people out there, and it was a thrill to see the bar filled with such AMAZING ART and such a POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE! The art shows where so rewarding to me, both as an artist and a hostess/bartender, and I really owe it all to you!

For the time being, I have packed up my strainer and my muddler, and will be focusing on my illustration career.

Sundays will now be in the lovely and capable hands of Angie. She is a great bartender; friendly, funny, and enthusiastic to learn new exotic tiki recipes! She has the Lucky Tiki signature drinks down to a science, and is quite the mix-master herself-try a Bona Mona next time you stop in, and tell her Suzy says hello! : )

I'm horrible about downloading pictures, but thought this would be a perfect time to share them with you-as a salute to SUNDAYS AT THE LUCKY TIKI with BARTENDER SUZY and the amazing DJ LEE, and a THANK YOU to everyone who made them so special!!!

Enjoy. : )

See ya' round the tiki bar!

You friend,
Suzy (Atomikitty)

Mahalo from Suzy, DJ Lee, Adam and Johnny! : )

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 3:49 pm   Permalink

That has to be the worst news if heard in a while suzy.. I will realy miss you as the bubblie bartender. But i hope you stop by and hang with us on sunday nights.. I also would like to thank you so much for gettin the art shows goin, it has been a blast.Now get bizzzy postin your newest creations we wanna seee um...kirby

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-07 4:31 pm   Permalink

A big MAHALO to you Suzy, for the delicious drinks, served with your lovely smile, when I was able to visit. Sundays won't be the same when I'm in L.A. (although I still plan to go when I can). The best of luck to you on your illustration endeavours!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 6:30 pm   Permalink

I can't think of a better reason for Suzy to put down the shaker because her illustration career deserves more attention! What a talent that will be exploding on the scene now with all of her focus going to it! Cheers to you Suzy! You kick arse!

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 7:40 pm   Permalink

Yeah Suzy! get out there and get your art in front of the eyes that would love to see it!
Good luck to ya!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 10:05 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Suzy!

The Lucky Tiki has been such a special place! A wonderful group of people, the right music, wonderful drinks, I could go on and on! The photo montage just sums it up perfectly. Here's wishing you the very best with your illustration work!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation