FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tiki drink book bibliography?
Tiki drink book bibliography?
mbanu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-06 12:07 pm   Permalink

Besides the 70s and 40s editions of Trader Vic's Bartenders Guide and Beachbum Berry's stuff, I don't have a clue where else to look if I want to learn more about tiki mixology.

Can anyone suggest any other recipe books? Doesn't matter how old or hard to find.

View Profile of mbanu Send a personal message to mbanu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 12:55 pm   Permalink

Look for one called "Okolemeluna" A late 60-70's tropical drink book.

Here it is on Ebay. Comes up regularly.

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2006-06-06 12:57 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jazzman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-06 1:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks Swanky, I would never have heard of that one otherwise. I just got one from Amazon for $10 shipped and they have several more. As for a bibliography, that would be a fun undertaking. Of course it would have to be extensively annotated based upon a thorough investigation of the various libations in each publication....

View Profile of jazzman Send a personal message to jazzman  Email jazzman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 04:40 am   Permalink

I ordered a copy of this book too.

I have a huge collection of bartenders books, and many of them are tiki classics, but I didn't have that one either.

Great call on that one Swanky

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 02:30 am   Permalink

I just found several copies on abebooks.com and alibris. Now we all can have one without an unecessary bidding war on Ebay.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jazzman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-12 11:07 am   Permalink

Mine arrived today. I'd say it's worth having but most of the drinks are very simple and sound that exciting. The cover and some of the illustrations are great.

View Profile of jazzman Send a personal message to jazzman  Email jazzman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation