FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » King's Hawaiian Bakery & Restaurant
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
King's Hawaiian Bakery & Restaurant
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-13 09:33 am   Permalink

Has anyone been here lately?
http://kingshawaiian.com/bakery_rest.html

I noticed that they mention a breakfast menu. Any chance of including this in a 2003 Tiki Trek starting here?

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-13 10:04 am   Permalink

If you go to Kings, make sure to get a slice of 'Paradise cake' which is my favorite.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-13 10:10 am   Permalink

kings is hawaiian like BH TV is to tiki,
but bong is right they got some jammin cakes , and the paradise in on of da best.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-13 11:02 am   Permalink

Oh, man.... that thick cut french toast made from their Portugese sweet bread smothered in coconut syrup..... ahhhhhhh. That's good stuff. Fine loco moco, too. The decor is bright and Hawaiiany. Aquariums, giant pineapple, old Hawaiian photos, etc. Good food and bakery items. This was the Sunday morning stop on my Hollywood Hawaiian Holiday back in 1999( See http://briefcase.yahoo.com/weirduncletiki).Not to be missed when in Torrance!
-Weird Uncle Tiki

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-13 5:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-13 09:33, sugarcaddydaddy wrote:
Any chance of including this in a 2003 Tiki Trek starting here?

I'm in, but only if Sabu and Z do a Torrance Tiki Tour afterwards.

--cyn

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-13 6:43 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to let you guys know that there's also a King's Hawaiian Cafe on Western. It just opened in October. It gets pretty crowded around lunch time. Rather than a full service restaurant, this one is more fast food style. I don't have the address, but it's just off the Western exit of the 405 North, make a right at the exit, and it's on your left side about 1/16 mile in.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-13 7:21 pm   Permalink

Sabu and I go to King's every Saturday after we finish garage sale-ing. I definitely agree with Weird Unc - they have THE most incredible french toast! (and that coconut syrup goes with it perfectly.) They do have a full breakfast menu (I'd suggest the Big Island Breakfast), but they stop serving it at 2:00 pm. Don't be intimidated by the crowd outside (and there's usually a crowd): when you go, you can avoid a long wait by taking seats at the counter or sitting around the aquarium...

ps-- Cyn: - you're on for the tour! However, to get a good tour of the tiki's of the South Bay it might take more than one day, so we'd have to go to King's again on a second day!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-14 11:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-13 19:21, Doctor Z wrote:
Cyn: - you're on for the tour! However, to get a good tour of the tiki's of the South Bay it might take more than one day, so we'd have to go to King's again on a second day!

Have we set a date for this yet?

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 03:26 am   Permalink

Have you's ever gone to Bob's (Hawaiian) in Carson?

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 12:12 am   Permalink

Classic Audio!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 04:20 am   Permalink

We hit King's Hawaiian a couple years ago the week after Oasis on our So. Cal Tiki Tour. & I had the French Toast - it was truly amazing!!!!! I look forward to having it again this year after Oasis. No tikis, per se, but a GREAT place!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf Seal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-23 2:47 pm   Permalink

I agree. This place is great. It's like a nice Hawaiian restaurant at Disneyland, without the entrance fees. The teriyaki beef plate is amazing.

View Profile of Surf Seal Send a personal message to Surf Seal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-30 12:26 am   Permalink

Great Website

Some broken links though.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-30 07:54 am   Permalink

I work about 10 miles from Kings so im always in there breaking da mouth! Ono fo sho!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-30 12:22 pm   Permalink

The Kings splinter cafe is called The Local Place and have great bakery and plate lunch. They are at 18605 S. Western in Torrance. They are pretty fast and good food. Sometimes malasadas too.

So if and when there is a Tiki tour in Torrance, I could support that fo reals. I'm just starting. Close to home works good for me.

TS

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation